New profile posts

You mind if we chat about your snipetac experience?

757-701-6266. I have a standard CT, maybe looking to go Snipetac.
Ryan, building 30 nosler. Would like to shoot 215-245 bergers. I was reading in a forum where i believe you said the +P process was better than having increased freebore. Would the +P process allow me to properly load and shoot that bullet? If not, is there an optimal freebore for that bullet range? Also, i am planning on 1:9 twist. Any info from you would be appreciated.
FURMAN
FURMAN
Even if you +P a throat you still need the correct freebore. 215s need around .200-.220. The .245 will need closer to .280. The .230 will be in between. As far as +p or not that is a personal choice. It will most likely allow another 50-100fps. It does not ensure the accuracy node will be at the higher velocity.
Ryan I have a XM anti x action. I want to get a 300wsm barrel for it. Guys at carbon 6 want a couple dummy rounds for chamber. I currently have 208gr eldm seated in norma brass at about 3.10 COAL. Would you send these in or make new rounds?
FURMAN
FURMAN
Seems short. I would seat the bullet about .040 longer than a cartridge with the boat tail junction seated at the neck shoulder junction
Ladd. Reading your older posts on the 300 PRC+P. I building my first backpack elk rifle. Looking to shoot 215-245 bergers. I have bounced from 30 Nosler with a custom chamber, 300 win mag+P, or 300 PRC+P. I think you have done all of those. In a 9lb, all in rifle, are there any advantages to one of these over the next? Is one more of pain to load for? More expensive? Thanks.
Ladd
Ladd
I don't find any difficult to load for. My pick is the 300 PRC although you really can not go wrong with either of the three. The 30 Nosler or 300 PRC will be better suited for the 245 gr Berger.
I’ll take the saum brass if still a available. I can’t seem to shoot you a pm here
P
pontiac
cryogenics treatment for barrel/action for stress relief seems to have disappeared from conversation boards.
many moons ago I had 300 frozen, and the groups tightened by 50%.
a second bonus is the barrel cleaning never produces any evidence of fouling.
swabs are always without signs of copper, even with using Barnes bullets

would be interesting to hear what others have experienced?
thanks to all
Ryan,
I've been wondering with all the different calibers in the accuracy loads wanted, why no 300 RUM ? Could we get one started? I've got one being built by my local Gunsmith. Just got lucky and picked up 300 of the 245 EOL's to run. Any suggestions for that rifle bullet combo? I've got N-570, Retumbo and H 1000, the later I believe will be too fast for that bullet weight.
Thanks to you and everyone at LRO
I was looking at a Nightforce 4-16 x 50 MOAR F2 that was for sale on here but it apparently has sold. I inquired aboutit and another gentleman on LRO told me that I should get ahold of you that you give guys from this sight a pretty good discount. Let me know if this is true and what you can do.
Thanks,
Sport Optics - Jayse
Sport Optics - Jayse
Of course, I certainly try to take care of my LRO guys as best I can. Give me a call when you can. My direct line is 504-565-0661.
Is the Terminus Zeus action able to use either a 3 position safety or a 2 position with a bolt lock?

Thanks!!
Ryan,

I’ve been lurking in this site for years. I finally have started my first custom rifle build so I’ve been watching those videos recently. I had planned on an AG Alpine stock, but watching your build vids had me change my mind to the Gunwerks Magnus. But one more stock came up and Id like your thoughts. The Artemis built for Barbour Creek by McMillan. It seems to tick most of your boxes for a good stock.
FURMAN
FURMAN
The distance between the grip and the trigger looks too big to me
J
JLy
Thanks. A follow up question regarding scopes, I have a basic rangefinder that’s good out to 800-900 yards on animals. I had planned on an NX8 scope, looking to keep rifle weight down. Do you think I’d be better served with a Revic Scope? Or the NX8 with a better rangefinder.
FURMAN
FURMAN
Both great choices flip a coin.
Reactions: JLy
Went through forum rules, did not see where it states the time limit or number of posts required before be able to respond to classifieds. Can you detail this for me? Thank you.
Broz
Broz
Hello MJB, we do not post the numbers for a reason. Just FYI you make more profile posts than forum posts and profile posts do not count towards the goal. I will check into this a little further for you. You have been a member since 2020 so the time is good, but only 5 posts and that is what is restricting you at this time.
Reactions: MJB
M
MJB
Thanks, Broz.
Reactions: Broz
Hello, I saw your video on YouTube of your review of the NF NX8. Inthe beginning of that video you stated you “currently have it mounted on your main hunting rifle”. What rifle is that?
FURMAN
FURMAN
At the time is was a custom 30 Nosler on a Fierce titanium action. It is currently on my Bat Vampire 300WSM.
OscarMike
OscarMike
Awesome, thank you. I currently have a CT Edge being built by fierce in .300 Win but I am looking for a smaller game rifle. Deer/Antelope what caliber would you recommend for that? I shot a white tail with a 6.5 CM double lung from 100 yards there was zero reaction from the hit. Zero blood trail
Hello Ryan,
This is Mike G. from NM, I saw your review on the Fierce Rival carbon barrel rifle. I just ordered one (long act). I saw that you had a Nightforce NX8 on it and it looked like the 4-32 model and I saw you had a pic rail scope base mounted. With a pic rail base do you think I can get a Nightforce 2.5-20x50 to work OK?
If so, what height rings worked for you. Thanks, Mike
FURMAN
FURMAN
I would reccoment the 32x but if you are stuck on the 20x I would just get the Fierce rail. Glue it on with JB weld(make sure it is straight we have videos). I think you can get away with 1.125 NF rings.
S
switchback
Got it, got a good deal on the 20x is the only reason, thank you sir
Reactions: FURMAN
Good morning Ladd,
I have been following your thread on the Game Warden 2.0 stock.
What are your final impressions?
Were you able to spot your shots with the comb drop?
Thanks,
Randy
Ladd
Ladd
I have not mounted it on anything yet. Plan to use it for my BAT HR. Waiting for a barrel to come in then it will all go out to Defensive Edge.
Hello sir,
I see that you are quite savvy with the Fierce Rival. I have searched around to get a picture of the bolt face as I see that it has 2 plunger type ejectors. Do you think this is a good thing or over board. My thought is it does make another hole in the bolt face. To many holes can weaken things? Really interested in buying one in 300 win mag. Like to hear your thoughts. Thanks, Mike
Ladd
Ladd
Dual ejection plungers are common when paired with M16 style extractors. In short, the purpose for dual ejectors is to lower the angle of the path of the case as it is ejected through the ejection port to clear the scope's side turret. This is an upgrade for many actions.
S
switchback
Thanks for your response, much appreciated
Reactions: Ladd
Ryan,

I cannot for the life of me find 215's for my 300 wby. Do you have any suggestion regarding the 200.20's or the 208's instead. Thank you.

Justin
Enjoy shooting 600 to 1000 yards using a Savage Creedmor 6.5. Enjoy precision reloading for improved accuracy using A-tip and Barnes Hybrid bullets.
Hi Joel...I am wanting to order a terminus zeus in 300 win mag...on the order form on the website it asks various questions...but I did not see a specific question regarding caliber...where do I specify the caliber for the bold head?
Ladd
Ladd
The Terminus Zeus is only an action. You will need to order a prefit barrel, trigger, stock, bottom metal, DBM or internal box, spring and follower, and trigger mostly from other vendors.
Did you end up going with Strawberry? Im looking to draw the same hunt this year. Thanks for any info
What colors do you have on the LRH stocks and how much? They don't have the aluminum chassis in it do they?

Thanks,
Dave
R
rpierce
I have swamp camo. They come w the arca rail, pic rail for bipod, and 3 flush cups. $1000 shipped. No chassis.
I found your thread in the wildcat section about the 22CM, how are you liking it now? still think it was a good move?
ABC1000
ABC1000
I love the 22 CM but am actually driving down to Utah to sell it in the morning. I am condensing the amount of rifles I’ll keep and am running 6 rifles with 3-4 barrels each and will have a 22 cm barrel
Spun up shortly for my short action lightweight hunting rifle. I don’t run it too hot… 75 gr eld 75 gr at 3,360 as that was best accuracy and plenty fast enough to hit and drop anything I’ll ever shoot w a 22.
ABC1000
ABC1000
Not sure if you’re still thinking about the 22CM but just got my new barrel and shot 19… W/75 eld m again with h4350 attached group was last 14 @ 100 loaded in .2 g increments.. definitely 2 groups… 9 in lower left group and 5 in top.. I pulled the top group top left shot but others grouped well…. looks to me like it is pretty easy to find a node just like the other Creedmoor offerings if you’re interested.

Attachments

• 3B15BC09-076E-4800-A2AE-F44172B538C0.jpeg
    3B15BC09-076E-4800-A2AE-F44172B538C0.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 1
Does anyone have a Defiance Tenacity long action available?
New or used.. I would like Nitride but not a necessity
R
rpierce
I have a pile of anti and anti x coming in April/May with nitride. No long action tenacity's though.
7mm on the 300 winchester.how are you forming your brass to 7mm from the 300
Do you have any Defiance Anti X XM with Mag bolt face coming in?
R
rpierce
Itll be June/July when they come in.
A
AbeC86
Try giving Brian a call at Pucker Factor Precision in Wyoming. He has some Defiance actions in stock.
I ordered an Alamo Precision 300 Win Mag. I have never reloaded but value accuracy from former competition rifle shooting. In 2020, I killed a 6x6 elk at 400 yards in high wind with a .308. I’m returning to the same motorized restricted drop camp this fall and wish to stretch my capabilities. The 215 grain Berger appears good for this task. Is Gold Metal 215 ammo up to the job or is amateur handloading better?
Ladd
Ladd
I’m not familiar with that ammo. The 215 gr Berger is a good choice for the 300 win mag. If your rifle shoots that factory ammo then great.
ABC1000
ABC1000
Not sure I would hop into reloading for one hunt a year personally. At the end of the day It’s just what I do. It can be frustrating so be ready for that to be fair. There’s nothing better than putting meat on the table that you start to finish had so much to do with in process, shrinking groups, load for a buddy and he sends you pictures of the hunt… all those things keep me in 100%!
Hey, new to the forum, interested in your post of demo nightforce nx8s. Specifically, the
Nightforce NX8 F2 4-32 MOAR-CF2™ MOAR-CF2D. Phone 541.892.2176.
I have a 6.5 prc and im shooting hornady eld-x i bought a burris eliminator for this setup and i am trying to get the correct drop number at 750 yards please help the box only goes up to 500 which is 36.2
Ryan, just read forum on 7 sherman Max and you mentioned ADG is coming out with WSM brass. Is it 300 wsm brass, or 7wsm brass. The reason I ask is I have a .284 Bartlein barrel I'm wanting to do a build with. Just wondering about chambering, do you feel there is advantage to 7-300wsm over 7wsm?? Thanks.
FURMAN
FURMAN
Adg is coming out with 300 wsm brass. I like the longer neck of a 7-270wsm or 7-300 wsm over the straight 7 wsm
M
MJB
How much work will it be to neck down the 300 ADG to 7 ? Will it just be a matter of sizing it in the correct 7-300 die, or is a guy going to have to do multi steps and neck turning to get what I need? It seems you did a info piece on this, but I can't find it.
FURMAN
FURMAN
I prefer multiple steps. I think a .323 bushing first then .002 or .003 under loaded diameter. I would do a a no neck turn chamber. I good smith will no what to do. I had Dans custom guns do mine.

Forum Sponsors