New profile posts

Hi I am a new member and hello to all. I have a question about the V4 6-24x50 Zeiss ZBI recticle and using Sterlok pro. Can somebody inform me what is the ranging zoom calibrated at, to input in Sterlok pro. There is a minimum 6 and maximum 24, I cannot found in any specs what is the scope calibrated at. Thank you
Dear Bruce,

I am new member long time lurker here. I am lately contemplating buying a 7 SAUM rifle and I saw your post. Would you have any pictures of the rifle you could share and perhaps some more information about it?
Thank you, Ferenc
F
ftothfadd
Hi Bruce, I’m undecided yet but I would like to see the rifle if possible. My phone number is 612-770-1475. Thank you for your time, Ferenc
Diverjeff,
I purchased a 338 Edge about 1 month ago and could use a box of those 300 grain Bergers if you could spare a box! I've been gathering reloading components to reload for this caliber as I've never owned a 338 of any kind.
Thanks,
Brian
I need help finding your post on your work up on your 300 WM and N570 with the 215’s. I can’t find it. Read it once was wanting it again. Fixing to work up on a new one I just made. Made it after reading your post and findings.
Hello, I see you posted about your CA 300 Win Mag. I've recently purchased the same rifle and I'm following the break-in process as well. I'm seeing similar results as you, groups over 1.5" regardless of ammo used. Did your problem end up being the optic?
I have 3 extra boxes of ADG 300 WM brass I would trade you for some 215's if your interested
S
ShtrRdy
Thank you for the offer but I will declone.
Ladd, was wondering if I could rent both of your AW prc reamers? I have a 6.5, and neighbor has a 300 in a ridgeline. his is a bit tighter than mine. Mine is a McGowen barrel, but I can tell I'm on my second firings, and probably won't get them to go 4.
M
MJB
Yes, that is very fair. Do you have the reamer T-handle also? I would need that too, as I don't want to pull barrels. I am headed to montana in 3 weeks for archery elk, then to your country for a West Vernon muzzy deer hunt. I would want to wait until after those to do it, so would be mid October. Will that work with your schedule?
Ladd
Ladd
I’ll have to work it around a few hunts of my own in October but it should be ok. I have a t-handle thanks to the last LRO member that used one of my reamers.
M
MJB
Okay great. I'll be in touch in early to mid October. And good luck on your hunts!!
Hey PapaB, So i'm working on a budget build for my lady. I'm not real familiar w/ that ARC action. Do know if Id have to modify much to drop in a Kelbly's Atlas tactical? I'm also putting on a 23" Rockriver varmint contour barrel. I know thats a bit smaller than the sendero. Just trying to get an idea of how much work id have to do w/ your stock. maybe not too much?

Thx man
B
Bamfologist
I meant rock creek varmint! haha! I had AR's on my brain.
I'm interested in your gun and have a few questions I would like to speak with you about. When convenient please call me on my cell phone @ 606-794-6340 anytime between 8 am and 10 pm EST.
Thanks,
Brian
R
Rangerman#1
I would like to speak with you about your gun. Please text or call me on my cell phone at 606-794-6340.
Thanks,
Brian
Hi I was reading some of your posts and did I see you had 215s in your 22" prc at close to 3000?
I have a vampire hear but they suggested ordering the .308 from a vendor and sending bolt back for a mag as it would be faster. I am leaning towards 300 sherman and maybe even +ping that. would like 3000ish with 215s
want to drop it in a Allterra stock but that could take a while to get Thoughts on all of it
Thanks
N
NWbackcountry
Hey man, yea with N570 and adg brass I found a good load right at 3000 FPS. The +p is pretty slick I just did a 18” 6.5 prc +p
B
bradbear
your 22" prc at 3000 was not +p correct?
N
NWbackcountry
Correct
Came across this older ad and may be interested, is this rifle still for sale? New here but long time member over on the KRH site and go by lv2hunt. Let me know, thanks!
I was just reading about your 6.5 prc build as I am working on something very similar. Are you happy you went with the Impact short action, or do you wish you would have gone the long action route? I'm definitely curious to hear from someone with a build similar to yours...
Straightshooter1, what is your location? I’m in Phoenix, cross streets are 32nd st and Ray rd. I’ve been communicating with another AZ guy that wants to hand ream and fix his 6.5PRC. Just wondering if you have access to a reamer in AZ
Straightshooter1
Straightshooter1
Am out west located in Goodyear, just off of I10 at Litchfield.

I don't have access of a reamer. . .yet. I do plan on ordering one since it looks like future replacement barrels will need it.
HI Ladd, I was thinking of pulling the barrel on my 6.5 PRC Ridgeline to use the reamer also but don't have an action wrench. Which wrench did you use? I called Christensen and they told me the recoil lug is not pinned so I'm worried about that not lining up.
TIA
Ladd
Ladd
I bought a Defiance action wrench for a Remington 700. It works great. Mark the recoil lug on the action and barrel then line them up when you put them back together. Jeff is right though, you can leave the action on.
HI Dan, forgive me but I don't know if this is a PM or not. You are the first person I have PMd on this site and I don't see a button for message. As I mentioned in AZHTR's thread, if I could also use your reamer while it's in the valley that would be awesome. Call or text when you have some time to discuss.
443-253-4063
I know you moved from AZ, but I’m still following your PRC issue👌 Thanks for staying on this issue. I’m helping a friend with a Christensen Arms 6.5PRC with these chambering issues.
Desert Dan
Desert Dan
J
JGS8163
Hi Dan, Joe Stumpf in Tucson. I’m interested in renting your 65 PRC reamer. Or better yet where did you buy it? I wouldn’t mind having one. I was speaking with AzHTR and it seemed to fix his issue. I’m unable to PM you I think because I’m a new member. Thanks, Joe
520-203-3657
Desert Dan
Desert Dan
Text me. 920-905-0546
I have a custom wildcat barrel going to rechamper in a 300 RUM was wondering where I might find a Mark v action
Ladd was wondering if you can tell me what rail you are running on your rival? I've tried 4 different rails and they all hang over the action in the rear
Ladd
Ladd
It’s is XLR Industries ordered from Redhawkrifles.com
It fits nicely on the action.
Ladd I’m brand new to long range only. I joined a few minutes ago just so I could inquire about the game hunter stock you have for sale. I have a ridge line in 28 nosler and I would love to put it in that stock. If it’s still available I will take it.
Azcoueshunter
Azcoueshunter
Ok. Let me know if he doesn’t take it. I will take it for sure
Ladd
Ladd
I will let you know tomorrow for sure. Thanks.
Ladd
Ladd
The other guy is still on the fence so he said to go ahead without him so if you want this we can make it happen.
If you had the option would you get a folding stock or standard stock for a long range magnum for backpack hunting?
Hey for some reason it will not let me post to your thread, but if you still have the Hornady Precision hunter ammo in 28 Nosler I would love to buy them from you. I would prefer to use paypal or something if you are ok with that so that there is safety for both side of us.
Taylor692
Taylor692
Sure Venmo works best. It's owned by paypal.
D
drewbolin83
You good with half now and half at arrival? If you want to do PayPal I can do it all at once because there is the option for a refund if nothing ever arrives, but being new to this I don’t want to send all up front. Just being cautious as you don’t know me and I don’t know you. My address is 250 Willow Pointe Dr. Dallas, GA 30157 let me know the cost and your venmo/PayPal account and terms
Taylor692
Taylor692
Total cost up front including shipping fees paid by buyer directly through Venmo. To go to GA, estimating $19 for ground shipping.
You could ask me questions here, is this what you were thinking?
Ladd
Ladd
I sent you an email. Your address isn't recognized by UPS. I just want you to confirm that what I have is correct. Thanks.
L
Longtine88
For the stock yesterday. Thanks again
Ladd
Ladd
You're welcome. I'm glad you have it.
How does a good ol red blooded American get to cross the pond and hunt with ya?
Ladd, I’m new to Long range only. I wasn’t sure if I can message you directly but I wanted to inquire about your Fierce Carbon Rival. I’m ordering one and I was wondering if the brake on yours is the factory NIX side baffle brake. Also, after some time of owning the rifle what are your thoughts on it and do you recommend it?
Ladd
Ladd
I would take a look at the Nightforce NX8 4-32x50mm MOAR.
J
JTNichols
That’s one of the ones I was interested in. The price point is similar. Any issues with low light on the Nightforces?
Ladd
Ladd
None that I’ve seen yet.
Morning ! Trying to gather all I need for your ladder test in the next week or so. Only place I don’t have is a 1000 yard straight. (I can’t even shoot 1000 yards .......yet 😊). I notice you don’t really consider a ladder test at 300 to be valid. What is the minimum ? 500? 600?
rfurman24
rfurman24
Under 500 is defeating the purpose and 500 with a very accurate rifle is still too close. If you can't get to at least 500 just do an OCW.
Hey, interested in buying the 140g bthp hornady bullets. You said you have 190 of them. How about $80 shipped?
-jason
Ladd, wasnt my intentions to disrupt your thread. Apologies. Was simply sharing my experience and frustration but there is a better way to do that. Hoping to get this new gun to do what they say it can do as it’s not every day I can simply buy a rifle with that kind of price tag. It’s been a long road with them. Again, sorry.
Apologies about my first post. Little thrown off though and was hoping for clarification. Are people not allowed to share their experiences, even bad ones ? (You mentioned keep it clean) thanks for the help. I’ll do some more tinkering on this CT edge today and see if I cannot get it to respond before I post about it for help.
rfurman24
rfurman24
No apppologies needed. By all means share your experiences but on LRO we do pride the lack of bashing. That does not mean you can not share bad experiences. Having said that it is bad etiquette to do it in others' threads. The approach is also very important. Like I said start a thread explaining the issues and we can try to help. We truly welcome you to the forum.
Masterdunbar
Masterdunbar
I appreciate and totally understand. Definitely wasnt my intention, to bash. Had a low moment yesterday with all I have been through with this gun and the company. Will be posting something soon as I definitely need guidance. Either way, I will take note of everything you said. Thank you !
This is Bret in Reno. We were texting a couple weeks ago. Can you please text me again? 530-277-6767?
I’m sorry you haven’t received them yet. I’m traveling for work right now, but can you send me your name and address again? I’ll send it to my warehouse guys to plug into our shipping system to get you a tracking number.
Sorry for the delay.
Jay
Hey Jay,
Do you have a tracking # on the bullets that you sent, I still haven't received anything as of yet.
thanks, Mike
Hey Jay,
Do you have a tracking # on the bullets that you sent, I still haven't received anything as of yet.
thanks, Mike
Hello,
I may have an action you might be interested in. It is a TL technology that is an action originally designed by Ed Brown calling it his 704. Mark Bansner has used this same action on his rifles.
A cartridge of 3.415 over all length fits and feeds. I believe between 103-105mm. The action is a Rem 700 footprint.
Please email me direct if you are interested.
switchbackg@msn.com
thanks, Mike
Howdy Jay,
the 175 ELD-X's are on the way USPS priority mail. Here is your tracking # 9505 5114 5242 1109 3367 16
Shows delivery by Saturday 04/24/21
Thanks again, Mike
Spreedizzle
Spreedizzle
Good stuff. I dropped the EH’s with my warehouse yesterday morning before I left for Michigan on business. I’m guessing you’ll see them before the end of the week.
I will take your scope.
Bryan Bingham
Patterson Ca
209-988-3580
let me know how you to be paid
I was curious if you had a chance to shoot the 6.5 PRC brass converted from 338RCM?
AXEFORCE6
AXEFORCE6
I have not, life has been super busy. I plan on it actually this week though. I’ll let you know and I’ll update the post.
howdy,
just saw your add. I haven't been on Long range only in a while. Anyway I have an almost fresh box of 7mm 175 ELD-X
bullets. There are 89 in the box. Let me know if your still in need. I maybe could use some Berger 175 Elite hunters.
Thanks, Mike
S
switchback
Howdy Jay,
checking to see if you received the eld-x bullets,
the 175 EH have not shown up as of yet.
Spreedizzle
Spreedizzle
I did get them today. Thanks!! I would expect that you would see them on Monday. They went out Monday.
S
switchback
Ok, thanks

Forum Sponsors