What’s your farthest kill shot with a bow?

hokiepride44

Reaction score
I can kill a deer or buffalo
from a hundred yards don't ya know
with just my arrow and my hickory bow
I do it all the time

~Tim McGraw

Homebrewer

Reaction score
46 yards on a Elk, 25 yards on a Whitetail, ~40 yards on a mule deer, ~24 yards on a Coyote...

Last edited:

Restoule

Reaction score
48 yards whitetail, 50 on an elk.

Love the Indian outlaw quote!
I can kill a deer or buffalo
from a hundred yards don't ya know
with just my arrow and my hickory bow
I do it all the time

~Tim McGraw

matt_3479

Reaction score
That’s a bomb on a whitetail. Nice.

Unfortunately it was in slightly poor call and ended insanely lucky. It was last day of season, last 15 mins of light and a i ranged a healthy doe at 49 yards. I regularly practice out too 50 and 60 yards so I felt confident. Well it turns out i ranged a twig I didn’t see in the heat is the moment and what I’d assume the quickly fading light. I let the arrow loose, and tracked beautifully until I hit that twig which actually deflected up and back. I hit the doe in front of its rear hind quarters. Absolutely sick to my stomach, the deer turned 180 degrees, just stood there for no more then 3 seconds and fell over dead. In what turned out to be the biggest chance of luck I severed the femoral artery and she died in a matter seconds. When I walked up too her the twig infront was snapped and i ranged back to my stand at 62 yards. I do regularly practice at 60 as my pin placements are for up to that range but this wasn’t not due to skill just insane luck.

The 51 yards doe was in the open, ranged 3 times, tracked beautifully and hit the target I intended. Slightly better success story.

MCS

Reaction score
I shot my mule deer a couple years ago right at a 100 yards. He was bedded. I also regularly practice at a 100 yards.

MT257

Reaction score
42 for elk, 41 whitetail and 30ish on an antelope.

Borgy76

Reaction score
35yd on a whitetail, broadside, perfect pass through the pump house. 40 is my max for taking an animal.

Masterdunbar

Reaction score
Elk is 42 and deer is 65. I don’t trust shots farther than 50 on elk…..damn things are too tough.

Forum Sponsors