Vlog with Ryan

mjspeers

Reaction score
@FURMAN I've watched a good amount of your range Vlog. It appears you use the LabRadar App. Do you write down your velocities later from the App? I've tried to use the App, but it didn't seem to work all that well and resorted to just writing everything down as I normally would. Just curious how much you use the App verses just the buttons/readings on the LabRadar itself and how you like it.

FURMAN

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
@FURMAN I've watched a good amount of your range Vlog. It appears you use the LabRadar App. Do you write down your velocities later from the App? I've tried to use the App, but it didn't seem to work all that well and resorted to just writing everything down as I normally would. Just curious how much you use the App verses just the buttons/readings on the LabRadar itself and how you like it.
I never use the unit's buttons. I only use the app. The app has a very useable graphical user interface. I really don't understand why you would want to fumble through the buttons on the unit. I do write my data down on my targets later. Labradar is eventually going to get some competition and go out of business because they refuse to make improvements. It has been years since its release and nothing has changed. They need to have the ability to rename the series'. They also need to change the series limit to the limit of the phone's storage and have the info stored on the phone vise the sd card. The biggest problem with missed shots is the rotation of the unit. The arca plate and the unit need locator pins to stop the rotation. The quad pod works but is even more cumbersome to set up.

mjspeers

Reaction score
I never use the unit's buttons. I only use the app. The app has a very useable graphical user interface. I really don't understand why you would want to fumble through the buttons on the unit. I do write my data down on my targets later. Labradar is eventually going to get some competition and go out of business because they refuse to make improvements. It has been years since its release and nothing has changed. They need to have the ability to rename the series'. They also need to change the series limit to the limit of the phone's storage and have the info stored on the phone vise the sd card. The biggest problem with missed shots is the rotation of the unit. The arca plate and the unit need locator pins to stop the rotation. The quad pod works but is even more cumbersome to set up.
Thanks for the info. I'll give the App another try. I only played with the App a little when I first got the LabRadar and was trying to get a feel for it. I definitely agree, the buttons/setup can be a pain. I got a Slik bench tripod and a Harbor Freight case (Pelican knockoff) that everything fits into.

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
I'm going to try the app and hope it solves some of my challenges.
My unit seems to "freeze up" and none of the buttons will adjust anything. The card isn't full so I know that that isn't the issue. So we shall see if this helps in any way.....

FURMAN

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to try the app and hope it solves some of my challenges.
My unit seems to "freeze up" and none of the buttons will adjust anything. The card isn't full so I know that that isn't the issue. So we shall see if this helps in any way.....
It is not trouble free but still the better way in my opinion. Sometimes the unit and the phone lose connection. I am confident it is not the phone because I have no issues with dozens of other devices.

Masterdunbar

Reaction score

The Quad Pod does seems a bit of a production and cumbersome like u said. Have u ever used a BogPod Deathgrip. Do you think that would work and not be such a pain to setup ? Just clamp it in the grips or would that interfere with the unit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FURMAN

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL! you got me looking. I am going to try one of these to stop the rotation.

I think this is probably the best mount option.

Forum Sponsors