Thinking about buying a maven s1 series

Anderson1394

Reaction score
Any one own the maven 20-50x80 iv searched online and haven't found anything bad. There isn't alot of reviews for this spotter. Any other recommendations in the 2000doller range. Thanks Adam

hokiepride44

Reaction score
I’ve had one since December. No complaints from me so far, but consider I’ve only had it a few months and have not had it on a hunt yet. I’ve only used it a few times to check targets while practicing at 500.

Glass was clear enough to see the impacts in brown cardboard from a 30 cal rifle. I feel that it wouldn’t be much farther and I wouldn’t be able to see the holes in the paper. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve thought about purchasing the optic doubler they have to stretch it farther. It’s nice not having to jump on the side by side to go check the target.

Anderson1394

Reaction score
I’ve had one since December. No complaints from me so far, but consider I’ve only had it a few months and have not had it on a hunt yet. I’ve only used it a few times to check targets while practicing at 500.

Glass was clear enough to see the impacts in brown cardboard from a 30 cal rifle. I feel that it wouldn’t be much farther and I wouldn’t be able to see the holes in the paper. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve thought about purchasing the optic doubler they have to stretch it farther. It’s nice not having to jump on the side by side to go check the target.
Thanks for your input. I think I'm going to give maven a try.
I bought an electronic target last year to keep from having to run down range and look it's awesome. My current spotter I wouldn't be able to see 30 cal bullets at 500. Thanks again Adam

NWbackcountry

Reaction score
I ran the s1a for about 3 years. For the price is it the best glass in that category, is it a Swarovski of course not but it did me justice and I spent a lot of time behind that spotter and picked out a lot of game with it.

Forum Sponsors