The Stukey's Portable Shooting Bench Review

Ladd

Reaction score
Nice looking bench and I like how sturdy you say it is. I shoot a ton on a portable bench. Sturdier the better. I’ll have to order one.

I brought my bench to Wyoming and we set it up yesterday to check our zeros. Mine is big and bulky but it rode in my sxs pretty good. That one looks a little nicer to pack.

Very nice video as usual. Thanks.

...Back to antelope hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Magnett

Reaction score
Nice review Broz. Looks like and excellent bench.

Mike

fraz01

Reaction score
Pretty snazzy!! You could add some cutting & wrapping to your torture test. That top is stout

Ladd

Reaction score
It was time to retire my portable shooting bench. The expert shooter package with the polyurea top looked to be the replacement and upgrade x10 so I made it happen.

Last edited:

sharpshooter

Reaction score
I've had my Stukey's Bench since '03. I have used it on prairie dog shoots, for load development, for long range shooting up to 1200 yards, and just shooting in general. It is a very stable bench - I've never felt that it limited my shooting accuracy. With 3 legs, you never have to worry about a wobble.

It's not the lightest bench as the steel legs and framework are substantial, but that just adds to its stability. Mine has the original plywood top that Stukey used at that time and it's still in very good shape. Now, I've used my bench, but I haven't abused it. I always store it inside when it's not in use. I have been very pleased with it and recommend it highly.

PDog_20040515_3526.jpg
PDog_20070610_1316.jpg

Sharpshooter

JeffVN

ELR Field Editor
Reaction score
nice review. my only complaint / desire for mine was some kind of adjusting mechanism for 1 or two of the legs to give amore level condition, if the terrain isn't flat. It is a very sturdy table and set up is easy.

JEffvn

ShtrRdy

Reaction score
Dang, that's an awesome looking portable shooting bench. A lot of thought has gone onto the design and the added features that are available.

Ladd

Reaction score
I received mine the other day and pulled it out of the boxes. It was packed and shipped in boxes very professionally. No way the shipping company can damage it. I kept one of the boxes because it's a thicker cardboard like what you get with shipped powder, very good for targets. I haven't taken the new bench and seat out yet but hopefully soon. Its heavy, easy to pack and is definitely quality that will last a long long long time.

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
I received mine the other day and pulled it out of the boxes. It was packed and shipped in boxes very professionally. No way the shipping company can damage it. I kept one of the boxes because it's a thicker cardboard like what you get with shipped powder, very good for targets. I haven't taken the new bench and seat out yet but hopefully soon. Its heavy, easy to pack and is definitely quality that will last a long long long time.
Best portable bench we have seen, and those who have them agree they are top shelf. Royal Stukey is a perfectionist. Everything he does is perfect. Right down to the shipping cartons he designed himself.

Jeff

Ladd

Reaction score
Best portable bench we have seen, and those who have them agree they are top shelf. Royal Stukey is a perfectionist. Everything he does is perfect. Right down to the shipping cartons he designed himself.

Jeff
I can tell. He left me a nice note in the box too. So cool.

Ladd

Reaction score
I took this bench with me on a recent hunt to zero my rifle at camp. Easy to haul and setup. Very sturdy and solid. I placed a cold bore shot on target then another next to it then adjusted my 100 yard zero for the hunt. It was a great setup, one I’ll use for a very long time.

Ladd

Reaction score
Ladd, That is what this bench is all about. Very valuable piece of equipment for all at camp.
Yes it was. There was a small 4x4 mule deer above camp this week that started at 600 yards then went to 940 then over the ridge. I almost squeezed one off as he fed. With this bench it was so tempting but I passed.

Forum Sponsors