The practical application of 594 (WA).

HARPERC

Reaction score
Anyone out there more than casual knowledge of this law? Or know someone that is? Specifically how does it relate to the training of minors. Formally such as hunter ed, or casually such as friends, kids, grandkids etc.

I don't particularly see myself as a test case. I'm close enough, Idaho is not totally out of the question.

Mudhen

Reaction score
Harper I love that area. Both sides of the border, but with fools in charge maybe best to bounce across the border there into north central Idaho if you don't have family commitments to prevent it. I'd do it myself if it weren't for that even though I live in a freedom respecting state here in ky. There are just to many people here now, country is filling up. Urbanites are trying to convert this place and lexington is already ruined.

Anyway good luck...eventually there will be no place for a man to peacefully exercise his god given rights, and then there will be a reckoning. Was hoping it wouldn't come to that, ever, but they just won't leave the law abiding alone while they enable the destruction of the rule of law at the same time. Quite efficient little destroyers, aren't they.

Wile E Coyote

Reaction score
Mud is correct in saying "with fools in charge maybe best to bounce across the border." I've been working on the premise that when you think something is fool proof, they will just build a better fool... and they do. I have the same concerns as yourself regarding hunter safety and proceeded accordingly.

Pete

HARPERC

Reaction score
I probably won't make a permanent move in the foreseeable future, but some of our spots aren't any closer than comparable spots in Idaho. I think that will be the likely outcome of taking juniors shooting in the future.

I've heard a lot of noise claiming that's not the focus of the law, and it won't happen. Imagine a kid goes to school, and brags to his buddies about shooting. Some teacher with an agenda calls it in. I can't imagine in these times that it doesn't get checked out.

I'm still in the investigating phase, and I'll be watching very closely how the local club handles it as well. Our junior small bore team has an impressive record for producing small bore teams, be a shame to lose that. The folks behind this know the power of one generation, and will continue exploiting that fact.

I'll keep looking into it, let you know when/if I get clear direction. Thanks Guys

Mudhen

Reaction score
Good luck sir

Forum Sponsors