The New Zeiss Conquest V4 Review, by Ryan Furman

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
PLEASE NOTE: The Optic used in this video is a Pre-Production Model. The Actual Production Model has cosmetic changes to the parallax Adjustment Knob, but it remains mechanically the same.

This is the thread to discuss and ask questions about the review where LRO's Ryan Furman goes over the features of the "NEW" Zeiss Conquest V4 and covers the improvements.

To watch this review, Please GO HERE.
New_V4.png

Last edited:

RBanta66

Reaction score
Nice review of a quality product. I actually talked to a rep out here in Virginia last year about that very same scope. With the improvements which were needed, I might be in touch with him very soon.

DropTines

Reaction score
Does Ziess have the reliability and repeatability of Nightforce? Say I was comparing an SHV to the V4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broz

Reaction score
Does Ziess have the reliability and repeatability of Nightforce? Say I was comparing an SHV to the V4.

We have not seen any patterens or experienced any issues with either. The Zeiss V4 and V6's have tracked very well and also return to zero well

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
As Jeff said we have been using both for a while now with no failures. I love my Nightforce scopes but I would take a V4 over the SHV.

DropTines

Reaction score
As Jeff said we have been using both for a while now with no failures. I love my Nightforce scopes but I would take a V4 over the SHV.
Wish you guys would stop reviewing stuff. Just makes me buy more stuff. I have a V4 on its way now.

Leeb

Reaction score
They are a real value, I think you will be plenty pleased.
Jeff or Ryan, I’m looking to put a new scope on my backpacking rifle. I have been looking at the nxs,nx8 and possibly the ATACR. Also looked at the v4-v6. The money is no influence I just want the very best you can get. Would like to keep it at 30oz or less. I’m leaning towards the nx8. Any input would be appreciated!! I’m coming from a viper pst gen 2 ffp I used in a pinch but am not a fan. Thanks.

Broz

Reaction score
Jeff or Ryan, I’m looking to put a new scope on my backpacking rifle. I have been looking at the nxs,nx8 and possibly the ATACR. Also looked at the v4-v6. The money is no influence I just want the very best you can get. Would like to keep it at 30oz or less. I’m leaning towards the nx8. Any input would be appreciated!! I’m coming from a viper pst gen 2 ffp I used in a pinch but am not a fan. Thanks.
How big a hurry are you?
It's pretty much about weight between the ones mentioned but I am not sure we can accurately compare the V4 to the NX8 since they are not on the same price point. If the "Money is no influence" then I would go NX8, if I wanted to same a few $ I would go V4. The ATACR 5~25 F2 is an awesome scope, but much heavier and again more $. In my opinion all of these are more desirable than a pst, I just never warmed up to them.

Teaser alert. I would wait a little bit.

Jeff

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have anything to add to what Jeff said. I think the NX8 is worth the money and the few extra oz over the V4.

Leeb

Reaction score
How big a hurry are you?
It's pretty much about weight between the ones mentioned but I am not sure we can accurately compare the V4 to the NX8 since they are not on the same price point. If the "Money is no influence" then I would go NX8, if I wanted to same a few $ I would go V4. The ATACR 5~25 F2 is an awesome scope, but much heavier and again more $. In my opinion all of these are more desirable than a pst, I just never warmed up to them.

Teaser alert. I would wait a little bit.

Jeff
Yes I have heard about the possibility of a nx8 sfp. And would be ideal. I would like to get it before October it I doubt that will happen lol. If I went Zeiss it would be the v6 but I still think I’d rather do the nightforce.

Leeb

Reaction score
I don't have anything to add to what Jeff said. I think the NX8 is worth the money and the few extra oz over the V4.
I appreciate the help!! That’s the scope I want just trying to decide if I want a ffp or sfp. No one around here carries them so I can’t look at them. I have no problem with the ffp I have now. But o didn’t know if the reticle would be smaller since the magnification range was bigger?

Wheelguns

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, can you tell me when this scope will be on the market? Looked online and can't fine any that have the windage adjustment like the one you previewed. Thanks again

Forum Sponsors