Terminator vs beast MBM muzzle brakes for 300 win

Coloradomuley

Reaction score
So I have a seekins havak 300 win barrel is .700 at the muzzle I have a Bergara self timing brake on it now but I am looking for a new brake to get installed by a gunsmith and have it timed and tapered to my barrel contour. I have narrowed it down to the terminator t2 or a MBM super baby beast 4 port or possibly a lil beast 5 port. Looking for input from members that have run these two brakes. Thanks in advance.

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
My vote is for the Terminator without question. They are well worth the price and probably the very best in reducing felt recoil.

Jeff

Edit to add: I also would consider weight of each if that matters for the application, machining finish, and quality of materials used.

Last edited:

Franklin

Reaction score
You can watch videos on MBM's website where he compares these brakes back to back, they are both great brakes.

brotherbear67

Reaction score
Both great brakes, I personally run the MBM brakes, have a Beast 5 port on a 338 LM with a C6 barrel in Magnum contour and a Lil Beast 5 port on another 338 LM with a Lilja #6. Both were turned down by Nathan at MBM and timed by my gunsmith. Fit is smooth. Excellent for reducing recoil, and able to see impacts. I also have a 4 port Beast on a 28 Nosler and one on a 6.5-284 Norma (a bit overkill) Very happy with all 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boman

Reaction score
Broz, have you tried the MBM brakes? Or had a chance to compare them?

boman

Reaction score
Broz,
Excellent, Thank you. How would you say the Christensen Slayer brake is compared to the MBM and Terminator?

Forum Sponsors