SWAROVSKI EL RANGE w TRACKING ASSIST

duramax

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to use a pair of these and how accurate the ballistic solutions are? I watched a few videos of them on youtube and they look interesting.

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
Just bought a set in 10X from Sean at Sport Optics today.
Won't have the ability to check the ballistics solutions soon....but will certainly be looking to dive into the software and get it set up and report back when I can.
Ooooo.....is that a UPS truck in my driveway...?? Damnit.....just wifey and her amazon packages..... ;)

Last edited:

sam

Reaction score
Spreedizzle, did you ever try the Swaro EL Range with TA? any thoughts on the Ballistics solver, the ability to use the TA to find a distant point and the glass quality?

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
Yes I have.
First off the clarity….they are EL’s, so the glass is top notch. Very bright and crisp, but like most glass….I’d say that the final 5-10% of FOV starts to get a little soft. It is better than any other bino that I have used for an extended period of time…..but almost nothing out there has true “edge to edge clarity”. They all taper off a touch.
The ballistics solver app is great for inputting your loads and environmentals, and it calc’ing out your solution. Not pic….but I do not like that there are only Swaro scopes to choose from and no custom option.
As for the TA, it works exactly as advertised. It is new to me, and I’m sure that it will become second nature, but the button sequence to enter into it I find a bit cumbersome.
Overall, did I make the right purchase? For me and my style of hunting I feel yes I certainly did. We will know more on the fall. ;)

sam

Reaction score
Thanks appreciate the input.

DEW

Reaction score
Hey Spree any more updates on these? What ballistics solver do they use?

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
No true update on this one. I use it for ranging and the silver generally under 600 yards. I have seen some deviation from it to the Revic app. So I use it for true distance and shot angle and input that into the Revic app for my final firing solution.
I’d say for most people that are not long range it is great, but us longer guys want to verify.

Reactions: DEW

Forum Sponsors