Sig Kilo10K-ABS HD

strow

Reaction score
Has anyone had a chance to review or use the Sig Kilo10K-ABS HD? Any idea how it compares or will compare to the Sig Kilo3000BDX?

I would assume the Kilo3000BDX is not HD glass and the laser is quite a bit stronger in the Kilo10K.

Miflatlander91

Reaction score
I looked after I saw this and couldn't find anything about it either

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

strow

Reaction score
I was researching the Sig Kilo3000BDX and its availability and stumbled across the Kilo10k. I'm wondering is waiting for the Kilo10k would be worth it or go with the Kilo3000BDS that is already proven.

I assume the Kilo10k is pretty new as there aren't many/any reviews.

waveslayer

Reaction score
Can't wait for their 10K and 8K range finders.... should be at the end of August. Retail will be around 1700-2K supposedly

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns

ormandj

Reaction score
Can't wait for their 10K and 8K range finders.... should be at the end of August. Retail will be around 1700-2K supposedly

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns
It’s already September. :) They’re due in end of this month or early next month. I’ll post once mine arrives.

warrbuk

Reaction score
I am in the market for a ballistic computer. I probably would not like the quality of the glass on the binos and would likely get the rangefinder. I will wait to see a side bye side comparison with the Revic BR4.

BClrh

Reaction score
Looks pretty sweet, but it doesn't look like they addressed the issue of being able to adjust wind speed and direction with just the unit. They would need a couple more buttons on there to do that.

ormandj

Reaction score
Looks pretty sweet, but it doesn't look like they addressed the issue of being able to adjust wind speed and direction with just the unit. They would need a couple more buttons on there to do that.
I haven’t found a updated manual yet (the FCC submission isn’t accurate) so can’t confirm one way or another, but I agree, that’s a definite downside. I think it’s the same body as the 3000, but with upgraded glass, ranging, ballistic, and display tech.

ormandj

Reaction score
I am in the market for a ballistic computer. I probably would not like the quality of the glass on the binos and would likely get the rangefinder. I will wait to see a side bye side comparison with the Revic BR4.
I’ve heard the glass is a big step up from the 3000s. The body, though, I’ve been told is the same. We will see, I’ve had one of these on order for a while. I have a horrible habit of buying everything. I have a BR4 and have owned Leica RFs, and have a bunch of other really nice glass around to compare to optically (Tangent, ZCO, Zeiss, etc).

flyer

Reaction score
I think I read that the new BDX rangefinders have a compass so when linked to a Kestrel on a weathervane it should be able to account for direction.

I think there is a compact and more affordable 6000 binocular that might be the value sweet spot if the optics are good enough for you.

elkoholic72

Reaction score
I haven’t found a updated manual yet (the FCC submission isn’t accurate) so can’t confirm one way or another, but I agree, that’s a definite downside. I think it’s the same body as the 3000, but with upgraded glass, ranging, ballistic, and display tech.
There is a shortcut to the wind speed/direction menu without going into the app. Just hold down the mode and range button and it takes you directly to the wind menu to adjust either.

elkoholic72

Reaction score
You have to press the range and mode button for 2 seconds and it takes you directly to the wind menu. It's a shortcut.

ormandj

Reaction score
Yeah, that video was helpful. Still not quite as nice as dedicated buttons but better than not having it! I hope they will add the ability to look into the wind and have it take a compass bearing, so it can calculate wind holds even as you pan with the rifle to different targets.

Forum Sponsors