Shooting Tripod

Shooter264

Reaction score
Thanks. I did play with the screws but like you said it makes the head loose. I will contact Spartan on the issue. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They’ll get you taken care of. Their customer service has been outstanding in my experiences

ABC1000

Reaction score
I had a $1,800 really right stuff tripod that I didn’t end up using so sold it. But am looking into the Revic carbon tripod for $500 now. I do use shooting sticks on occasion when I can’t shoot prone though I always try to find a prone shot when I can.

TreelineAssassin

Reaction score
They’ll get you taken care of. Their customer service has been outstanding in my experiences

I’m not having the same experience with them. It’s been 5 days now with both emails and phone calls and the best piece of info I’ve got from them is to put grease on it. The thing doesn’t work grease won’t help. I’ll keep trying to deal with them. I still have high hopes for the system if they get me fixed up.

ABC1000

Reaction score
If you do go the RRS route I don’t recommend the four leg version. I’m 6’4” and thought I’d need the four leg option but it made the tripod a lot less stable imo… so much that I sold the tripod and have waited since then for the 3 leg section to come back in stock which it never has. I did like the anvil 30 ball head and felt it was a good compromise in comparison to other heavier/beefier ball heads but still good for glassing and shooting. If you’re planning on shooting an ultralight rifle off the four piece it would probably be ok but i didn’t like it with a 13lb or heavier rifle on it. Now RRS seems to be focusing on fulfilling a ton of military orders and I haven’t found much of anything in stock there for quite some time.

Keith Stone

Reaction score
Went on the budget end with an innorel rt90c and a leofoto leveling base but so far really impressed with the stability. Picture is at max height with an 18lb rifle. 85C5C6C0-BA0D-4512-B241-D8A606B3BB5F.jpeg

Shooter264

Reaction score
I’m not having the same experience with them. It’s been 5 days now with both emails and phone calls and the best piece of info I’ve got from them is to put grease on it. The thing doesn’t work grease won’t help. I’ll keep trying to deal with them. I still have high hopes for the system if they get me fixed up.

That’s weird. I sent them an email on 11/21 and they had a new one on the way 11/22. They person who handled my emails was Gill Gipson. I’ve always had excellent service from Spartan.

mtblackdog

Reaction score
I decided to get into the shooting tripod game with a 6" arca rail to mount on my 6.5 PRC. How many of you use a tripod hunting? I never have, but with my son's deer hunt coming up this fall I thought a tripod might be a good way for a novice to be stable just in case prone isn't an option. I can't think of too many places where we'll be that he will need to take a shot over 400 yards either but I want to give him the best possible chance. So, I jumped in. UPS should be delivering the Revic Stabilizer Hunter Tripod to me today. I looked at Really Right Stuff and Vortex but went with the Revic because I like to support those guys at Gunwerks even though I have yet to buy a rifle from them.

What do you guys use and have you liked them? Post pics if you have them.
Love the anvil 30 system

parshal

Reaction score
I used the RRS Ascend with Anvil 30 this fall to take a pronghorn and elk. Both were at 350 yards. One shot was from standing and the other from sitting. I had another shot set up with a bipod front and tripod rear and it was crazy stable. After years of carrying a bipod I think I'm a tripod convert and won't even bother carrying a bipod on a hunt.

I also have an RRS 34 that I used for competition. I've put my 22# comp rifle on both tripods. The Ascend is surprisingly stable with that much weight.

Ladd

Reaction score

Ladd

Reaction score
Ladd, sorry. Meant for your bipod. Or are you not running a bipod?
I have this on 2 of 3 bipods. The other has a pic rail clamp.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
I have this on 2 of 3 bipods. The other has a pic rail clamp.
Perfect! Thanks Ladd!

Ladd

Reaction score
Perfect! Thanks Ladd!
It’s specific to that bipod and that bipod has to be the version where the pic clamp comes off via removing the two screws. My third evo bipod does not come a part so this wouldn’t work on it.

Ladd

Reaction score
It’s specific to that bipod and that bipod has to be the version where the pic clamp comes off via removing the two screws. My third evo bipod does not come a part so this wouldn’t work on it.
Their shipping is really slow. Almost like made upon order.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Oh! Ok. Gotta go a different direction then.

Dorman

Reaction score
If you do go the RRS route I don’t recommend the four leg version. I’m 6’4” and thought I’d need the four leg option but it made the tripod a lot less stable imo… so much that I sold the tripod and have waited since then for the 3 leg section to come back in stock which it never has. I did like the anvil 30 ball head and felt it was a good compromise in comparison to other heavier/beefier ball heads but still good for glassing and shooting. If you’re planning on shooting an ultralight rifle off the four piece it would probably be ok but i didn’t like it with a 13lb or heavier rifle on it. Now RRS seems to be focusing on fulfilling a ton of military orders and I haven’t found much of anything in stock there for quite some time.

I am wanting to get into the tripod game and struggling on what to buy. I hate making a purchase only to wish I had bought something else. It seems like RRS is the gold standard but the 2 vets seem really popular as well. Price is much better on those. I am curious if they are worth the difference? I will use the tripod for a 8 pound hunting rifle, it needs to be packable. Any experience with other brands and can you use the RRS heads with other tripods? TIA

ABC1000

Reaction score
I’ve talked to multiple people who have bought the two vets tripod and I think their general consensus has been that it is not worth the price for upgrade unless you’re willing to spend double for a few percentage points of increase on the RRS. I’ve heard they are both made in the same factory in china but can’t confirm that nor do
I have any personal experience w two vets myself but am waiting for a TV tripod to get back in stock and I’ll buy a two vets tripod and see for myself.

mjspeers

Reaction score
I have a Two Vets, with a RRS leveling head, and have used a RRS with Anvil. If you are looking at something that can take a 75mm top, to me Two Vets is a no brainer when it’s half the cost. There will be a slight weight penalty.

That said, I do intend to get a RRS tripod with Anvil head in the future. Will save over a pound and be a smaller footprint, easier to pack along.

Forum Sponsors