Scope Recommendations - NX8 4-32 F2 or ATACR 5-25 F2

mjspeers

Reaction score
I've got a build coming together rather quickly on a smokeless. ASG barreled action planning to shoot 300g NSR as fast as it'll push them.

I think I've narrowed it down to an NX8 4-32 F2 or ATACR 5-25 F2. I prefer SFP for hunting, and the place that I buy scopes from don't have the 4-20 or 4-16 ATACRs available right now. I wouldn't plan to shoot an animal over 400y depending on my comfort with the gun. I do have a 2.5-20 F2 NX8 and a 4-32 F1, but again trying to stick with an F2. I am just wondering if I'll be wanting to shoot at 25x with the ATACR to use wind holds, when I could be on 16x on the NX8 with a little wider field of view, and not planning to shoot excessively long.

Not worried about weight. So does the dependability/repeatability of the ATACR rule the day? It's a gun/scope I intend to outlive me.

NC_Surveyor

Reaction score
If weight is not a concern the atacr theoretically will be a better scope in all aspects.
I have both and the atacr is BY FAR the better scope in all aspects especially in overcast and low light. It also resolves parallax adjustment better than the NX8 which I find to be touchy.

That said I am running an nx8 2.5-20X F2 on my MZL because the max range I would use it would be 600 yards and I like the 2.5x.

mjspeers

Reaction score
I have both and the atacr is BY FAR the better scope in all aspects especially in overcast and low light. It also resolves parallax adjustment better than the NX8 which I find to be touchy.

That said I am running an nx8 2.5-20X F2 on my MZL because the max range I would use it would be 600 yards and I like the 2.5x.
Have that same scope on my current MZL that's going to my dad. And I've really liked it. I just worry about mounting options a little bit. When I'm not concerned about length or weight I was thinking of going up to the 4-32 just to give myself a little bit more room on the tube to mount it. With my last mzl the bell came real close to hitting my base. Figured I may take the opportunity to upgrade.

Sounds like the consensus is atacr.

mullmann

Reaction score
I have ordered both my NF scopes through the NF LE/mil program. Bill always gets back to me right away.

Theodoreh

Reaction score
Recently got a NX8 and had dangling lens inside of the NX8 from a rough sxs ride and sent it back for repair. Atacr had more abuse and still holding up. Maybe this nx8 was a lemon or they are not built strong like Atacr.

mjspeers

Reaction score
Went with the atacr just for the added peace of mind. Thanks for the input from everyone.

Hope to have the barreled action from ASG soon, drop it in a loner stock for now, and be ready to roll by deer season.

Forum Sponsors