Ryan Furman's 2019 Epic Alaskan Sheep Hunt Video.

jmden

Reaction score
What an awesome sheep! Congratulations Ryan! Thanks for sharing the video, Ryan and Jeff.

Which outfitter did you use and why? Could probably dig a bit and find it, but rifle specs please?

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Reaction score
What an awesome sheep! Congratulations Ryan! Thanks for sharing the video, Ryan and Jeff.

Which outfitter did you use and why? Could probably dig a bit and find it, but rifle specs please?

I hunted with Ultima Thule. It will be impossible to put into words why I chose them. After talking to upwards of 30 outifitters I just knew when I talked to Don. The area they hunt does have some of the biggest rams in the world. The rifle I took started life as a Fierce CT Edge in 30 Nosler. When the barrel started to get tired I had a 300 PRC and a 6.5 PRC Proof spun up. I took the 6.5 PRC shooting N565, 210ms, ADG brass, and Berger 156s @3040fps. It is wearing a March 3-24x52 MOA. The rifle and scope weigh 9lbs. It was lighter with the Fierce barrel.

MTNBOYJD

Reaction score
Thanks also for sharing, impressive ram and hunt. I have one question, maybe I missed it in the video but, what was the range ?

Greyfox

Reaction score
Very nice ram and excellent shot!
Congratulations!

Rem260man

Reaction score
The whole thing was amazing! The area was gorgeous, the video and the shot. I've watched it like 3 times so far. Thank you for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

jmden

Reaction score
What did that beast tape out at, Ryan?

elkguide

Reaction score
A true dream hunt! AWESOME! Thanks for taking us along.
Great hunt. Great shot. Great video. Great ram.

Terry-06

Reaction score
Just watched the video this morning. What a great hunt ! Great shooting, nice clean kill !
Congratulations !

Forum Sponsors