Rings or other scope mounting systems sliding on a rail?

BClrh

Reaction score
I have a NX8 4-32 in a night force uni-mount and it is mounted on a desert tech chassis. Some of my groupings were bouncing around a little so I decided to run through and check the torque on everything. I backed off the nuts on the uni-mount and the scope had slid back on the rail and was shouldering pushed against the cogs on the picatinny to the rear instead of the front of the rifle. You could see the rub mark. The torque was good and the mount wasn't loose. Has anyone had issue with movement between rings and a rail?

BClrh

Reaction score
I remember hearing that raked brakes can sometimes cause a scope to move rearward but I have never had it happen to me before.

waveslayer

Reaction score
I have a NX8 4-32 in a night force uni-mount and it is mounted on a desert tech chassis. Some of my groupings were bouncing around a little so I decided to run through and check the torque on everything. I backed off the nuts on the uni-mount and the scope had slid back on the rail and was shouldering pushed against the cogs on the picatinny to the rear instead of the front of the rifle. You could see the rub mark. The torque was good and the mount wasn't loose. Has anyone had issue with movement between rings and a rail?
Didn't you post this on the Hide? Measure the rails and call DT. They could be out of spec.

Or upgrade to the new M mount by ARC

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Forum Sponsors