Review of the NEW Modular Evolution Bipod

Rydalch

Reaction score
Do long range only store still carry the kit that was illustrated in the rail installation video?

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Do long range only store still carry the kit that was illustrated in the rail installation video?

Kit for the rail. Or kit with the bipod rail and spikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rydalch

Reaction score
Kit with rail biopod and spikes is how i understood it in the rail installation video.

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Kit with rail biopod and spikes is how i understood it in the rail installation video.

These are on order supposed to have shipped last week, but didnt so I am hoping soon, as soon as I get shipping confirmation I add them to our store inventory

DRUSS

Reaction score
thinking the 10-14 will work well on my 300RUM hoping to see arrival soon....

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
Does the kit come with standard or aluminum spiked feet? Trying to decide if ordering the kit or piece by piece is the best route. Thanks!

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the kit come with standard or aluminum spiked feet? Trying to decide if ordering the kit or piece by piece is the best route. Thanks!

the kit is the aluminum feet, the SS ones were really heave and we haven't damaged the aluminum ones in using them for over a year now so we just get the aluminum ones now

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! Looks like the kit is the way to go then!

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
the kit is the aluminum feet, the SS ones were really heave and we haven't damaged the aluminum ones in using them for over a year now so we just get the aluminum ones now

You guys still happy with the 8-11" ones? Dont feel the need to go 10-14?

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys still happy with the 8-11" ones? Dont feel the need to go 10-14?

In real mountainous terrain the 10-14 is nice I have one of those in stock if you want to got that route PM me.

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Daniel have you heard any eta on some longer legs?

He was waiting on inserts. Prolly next week i would guess.

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
In real mountainous terrain the 10-14 is nice I have one of those in stock if you want to got that route PM me.

Ok thanks. Trying to make up my mind what I want. Actually wanting to order 2. One for my dad as well. Double duty rifles with hunting being #1. Mainly eastern oregon mtns with some out of state.

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Trying to make up my mind what I want. Actually wanting to order 2. One for my dad as well. Double duty rifles with hunting being #1. Mainly eastern oregon mtns with some out of state.

The sizes are from the stock of rifle straight down to the ground. If that helps.... it’s not leg length

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Also I have found uses for all three leg lengths so i have them all lol

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
The sizes are from the stock of rifle straight down to the ground. If that helps.... it’s not leg length

Does help. I appreciate it. Still can't decide haha I can see having all the sizes!

USA1IRON

Reaction score
Excellent!
Daniel is working all day today, but the answer is yes. We just got a shipment in and he will put them in the store as soon as he has time.
E
Daniel is working all day today, but the answer is yes. We just got a shipment in and he will put them in the store as soon as he has time.
excelent Thank You

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Put in what I have it’s not much. Been a struggle getting product. Some 7-10 kits and 8-11 kits.

Huntfish

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread here but are these kits still available? I understand everything is low on stock during these crazy times but when I click on Modular Evokution in the store, there’s no pics of the kit, description of parts or price. Thanks

Huntfish

Reaction score
Nevermind, just saw in the thread on how to install the rail for the bipod that he’s stopped filling orders...

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Nevermind, just saw in the thread on how to install the rail for the bipod that he’s stopped filling orders...

We are testing more options as many have come to the market.

Testing Cadex-Atlas and others. Have to say both the Cadex options are on point!
333800290b5128b5f24115de7eac3852.jpg

Huntfish

Reaction score
We are testing more options as many have come to the market.

Testing Cadex-Atlas and others. Have to say both the Cadex options are on point!
333800290b5128b5f24115de7eac3852.jpg

Have you guys made any more progress on the bipod testing?

sam

Reaction score
I agree with Jeff. I have three of them. They are very durable and I love the fact that I can pack several extra legs in my pack that fit any possible shooting situation.

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Have you guys made any more progress on the bipod testing?

Daniel and I are both running one of the Cadex models now. We will eventually put a review together. It is a great bipod if you are good with the price. The machining is top notch and it is a very very quality piece

Huntfish

Reaction score
Daniel and I are both running one of the Cadex models now. We will eventually put a review together. It is a great bipod if you are good with the price. The machining is top notch and it is a very very quality piece
It sure looks like quality but unfortunately the price is too much for me. Even the ME and Atlas are kind of out of my realm but I can appreciate the tight tolerances and would go that high for that. Thanks

Broz

Reaction score
It sure looks like quality but unfortunately the price is too much for me. Even the ME and Atlas are kind of out of my realm but I can appreciate the tight tolerances and would go that high for that. Thanks

A Harris with swivel and a set of Morse spikes is a very reasonable alternative and will sure get the job done too.

Flyjunky12

Reaction score
Any opinion on the atlas or modular evolution? I see the modular evolution bipods are still available on their website, or so it seems anyway.

I don't really need a bipod that extends very tall because I have the availability to use my tripod with arca plate when I need any height

Broz

Reaction score
If you order a Mod Evo I wish you luck. Our last several orders went unfilled and we were one of their biggest customers. I have talked to others with the same experiences. Good product, not so good customer relations.

DRUSS

Reaction score
FYI
I ordered a Mod Evo about 3 weeks ago and have had no shipping notice sent yet.

Flyjunky12

Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys. I'll avoid that hassle and just order the Atlas.

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a pan version (they don’t make anymore) if anyone wants one.
4c87709a075c4be2e97a5ea127e86105.jpg
d60fb4de488b8c71d2b0b9f5d27d76ec.jpg

Broz

Reaction score
Thanks.
I have one was hoping to get a 2nd with longer legs

What length legs do you want? When they decided to no longer fill our orders after we waited months and months, we stopped carrying them. However we were left with some inventory we are now stuck with. Let me know what you want and I we see if we have it. To be clear we would only have legs and Misc. parts.

DRUSS

Reaction score
Broz, I ordered a 10-14 bipod and some of the sitting legs. (Don't remember which specifically)
Sucks that they aren't keeping up. I really like the one I got from the LRO store.

Rich

Reaction score
I have one and do like it. However I actually prefer my atlas a bit more. The only reason being that single handed leg adjustments while prone are much easier with the atlas. This has to do with the locking collar location. On the atlas it's at the top and the outer leg is what is adjusted. The opposite is true for the mod evo being that the collar is on the bottom and the inner leg is deployed and is what moves for adjustment. For me, modular evolutions method is a good bit harder to make rapid height adjustments. Other than that, it's a phenomenal bipod.

Broz

Reaction score
I have heard this complaint before and personally think there is more to it. I don't have the issue as all I do is rock the rifle away from the leg I am adjusting until the leg is off the ground. Then lift the lock ring and the leg shoots out. then repeat on the other side. All done one handed prone. Might be because I am use to it?? The other part to at least consider is what part of the leg you want on top. I prefer to have the heavy larger part of the leg on top as I feel it is more stable that was. Might not hold water but I still think the EVO's are more stable than an Atlas especially when extended and for and aft movement is measured. But in the end they will both get it done if you know how to run them to maximize stability.

Rich

Reaction score
I have heard this complaint before and personally think there is more to it. I don't have the issue as all I do is rock the rifle away from the leg I am adjusting until the leg is off the ground. Then lift the lock ring and the leg shoots out. then repeat on the other side. All done one handed prone. Might be because I am use to it?? The other part to at least consider is what part of the leg you want on top. I prefer to have the heavy larger part of the leg on top as I feel it is more stable that was. Might not hold water but I still think the EVO's are more stable than an Atlas especially when extended and for and aft movement is measured. But in the end they will both get it done if you know how to run them to maximize stability.
Feeling a little stupid right now....I have been trying to adjust the mod evo in the same way as the Atlas. That just can't be done. I took a couple videos showing the difficulty in deploying the legs of the evo in comparison to the atlas. Then I realized I was being stupid and not really using the mod evo in the intended way. Tried again and.... it works. Amazing. Thanks for guiding me through what should be a simple and self explanatory process Jeff. I'll wear the dunce cap for a day lol

Last edited:

sam

Reaction score
Jeff turned me on to these a 2-3 years ago. I love mine. To reiterate - the best thing about them is that you can quickly switch out the legs taking you from a close to the ground stable ultra long range shot to a sitting or kneeling shot if that is what it takes to avoid sage, grass or terrain limitations. Also, the bipod section can be stored off the rifle allowing the rifle to fit better into a backpack for hiking. I could only compare to the Harris , which I also like , but the Harris just does not offer the flexibility .

Desert Dan

Reaction score
I picked up my Mod Evo back in November. I spoke to George and he apologized for the delay on the bipod itself but he was quick to reply. Got it in about a month. I ordered an extra set of legs and they shipped almost immediately. Very happy with it so far but I didn’t get to use it hunting since I tagged out early. Looking for it using it though.

Broz

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is. We have used MOD EVO bipods for years. We like to feel we took a good product, and were instrumental helping put him and his company on the map. We fought for years juggling slow delivery of orders and usually had two or so orders submitted at a time. We feel we were one of, if not the top dealers for the Evo. We stood by George through the bad times for him too. We paid like clock work. Well, with our orders submitted for months on end, and a few orders still in place for months and months, he finally tells us " Well I am not going to fill your orders anymore" He has told some other dealers the same. But he is slowly filling a few orders for direct sales is what we hear. I do believe George to be a decent guy, but his history of unfulfilled business dealings seems to just get longer. I personally am very disappointed in him, but it is what it is.

Jeff Brozovich

Flyjunky12

Reaction score
A little bit off topic but I need to pick up another pic rail, probably around a 4" version. Any suggestions on brands you've had good luck with?

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
A little bit off topic but I need to pick up another pic rail, probably around a 4" version. Any suggestions on brands you've had good luck with?

Got some coming found a new supplier!!

Forum Sponsors