Revic Stabilizer Hunter Tripod

FURMAN

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be testing one of these out over the summer and through hunting season. Let me know what questions you have. I will have a review after I feel I have spent enough time with it.
Every long range hunter needs a quality tripod for both glassing and shooting. Tripod shooting opens up a wide range of opportunities that the prone-only hunter otherwise misses. We’ve configured this setup for the perfect all-around field application, balancing weight and stability, features and simplicity, quality and affordability.

• ARCA dovetail plate with 2 included ARCA rails, pairs with optics or Gunwerks Magnus & Verdict ARCA rails
  • Ball head with pan feature & multiple tensioning knobs
  • 5 Section Carbon Fiber legs
  • 3 angle stops on legs
  • Interchangeable Rubber and Spike feet
  • Min height: 3”, Max height: 66”
  • Collapsed Length: 19.75”
  • Weight: 4.3 lbs
  • Includes: Instructions, Allen Wrenches, Weight Hook, Second Arca-Swiss Plate, Carrying Case

MSRP $495.

Wz0Sgbwl.jpg
uyQDGWll.jpg
dBbMzdZl.jpg

Livetohunt

Reaction score
Max height of 66” with no center post? Or does it have a swappable center post / head option.

I need a better shooting tripod, for when I start doing my YouTube videos on shooting from tripods with our rails. RRS is pretty expensive tho... this looks like a mid range option!

FURMAN

Staff member
Reaction score
Max height of 66” with no center post? Or does it have a swappable center post / head option.

I need a better shooting tripod, for when I start doing my YouTube videos on shooting from tripods with our rails. RRS is pretty expensive tho... this looks like a mid range option!
No center post option.

Drzjoint

Reaction score
I will be testing one of these out over the summer and through hunting season. Let me know what questions you have. I will have a review after I feel I have spent enough time with it.
Every long range hunter needs a quality tripod for both glassing and shooting. Tripod shooting opens up a wide range of opportunities that the prone-only hunter otherwise misses. We’ve configured this setup for the perfect all-around field application, balancing weight and stability, features and simplicity, quality and affordability.

• ARCA dovetail plate with 2 included ARCA rails, pairs with optics or Gunwerks Magnus & Verdict ARCA rails
  • Ball head with pan feature & multiple tensioning knobs
  • 5 Section Carbon Fiber legs
  • 3 angle stops on legs
  • Interchangeable Rubber and Spike feet
  • Min height: 3”, Max height: 66”
  • Collapsed Length: 19.75”
  • Weight: 4.3 lbs
  • Includes: Instructions, Allen Wrenches, Weight Hook, Second Arca-Swiss Plate, Carrying Case

MSRP $495.

Wz0Sgbwl.jpg
Wz0Sgbwl.jpg
uyQDGWll.jpg
dBbMzdZl.jpg
Looking. Hard at ordering one very soon. So far would u buy one or spend your dollars on something else for him ting spotting and shooting.

FURMAN

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe this is by far the most stable tripod in the price range. There are lighter and less expensive but you will be compromising.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Following this as well. Looking at getting a tripod soon. I mentioned this to Broz a while ago, that I am surprised with Christen Arms does not make a tripod. With them specializing in carbon fiber, I bet they would make one hell of a tripod.

DerekS

Reaction score
What is the weight capacity if the tripod and ball head? If the review period goes well, will this be offered in the LRO store?

Choovhntr

Reaction score
What is the weight capacity if the tripod and ball head? If the review period goes well, will this be offered in the LRO store?

Looks like 33lb for tripod. Ball head is rated at 44lb.

zrodco

Reaction score
I would be curious to see if there are significant POI shifts with large magnum rifles and is spotting impacts still possible? I would love to know more about how recoil management is/changes when shooting off this tripod.

FURMAN

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be curious to see if there are significant POI shifts with large magnum rifles and is spotting impacts still possible? I would love to know more about how recoil management is/changes when shooting off this tripod.
I don't think you are going to repeatably spot shots off any tripod standing with a magnum rifle. POI shifts will be related to how you shoot off the tripod and less of a function of the tripod itself. I have only spent a little bit of time with this tripod but like I said I don't believe you will find more stable for the price. I would say you can roughly hold .75 moa standing. Kneeling and seating you could do better with some practice.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
@rfurman24 have you been able to spend anymore time using this bipod? Any updates? Understand you are busy and juggling multiple LRO items. Was just curious.

FURMAN

Staff member
Reaction score
@rfurman24 have you been able to spend anymore time using this bipod? Any updates? Understand you are busy and juggling multiple LRO items. Was just curious.
I have. It is a great tripod for many uses. It is very stable. I have never had a RRS but this thing has to be very close if not on par for less money. I will be spending more time with it after we get loads developed on the PRS rifles.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
I have. It is a great tripod for many uses. It is very stable. I have never had a RRS but this thing has to be very close if not on par for less money. I will be spending more time with it after we get loads developed on the PRS rifles.
Thanks Ryan! Let us know if you run into anything you don't like about it.

willworkforfish

Reaction score
I know I am resurrecting a 4 month old post but I was hoping to hear this tripod was everything it’s billed to be…. Any feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladd

Reaction score
I used mine on a couple hunts and it did all I needed it to glassing with my spotter. I never needed to use it for a shot but I had an ARCA rail on my rifles just in case. Packing it around wasn't too bad either. Its a little bulkier than my Outdoorsman tripod but no a problem strapping it in my KUIU pack and they feel about the same weight.

Ladd

Reaction score
I will say I can deploy the legs on my Outdoorman faster than the twist locks on the Revic. Not sure that is important by I do remember it being somewhat of a chore on my recent hunts.

Catamount 1

Reaction score
Just watched Gunwerks' video on this Revic Tripod. This is what I am saving up for next!

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
[mention]rfurman24 [/mention] do you have any experience with the Backpacker version? With it costing a little less than the Hunter version, wondering if this is a good alternative?

FURMAN

Staff member
Reaction score
[mention]rfurman24 [/mention] do you have any experience with the Backpacker version? With it costing a little less than the Hunter version, wondering if this is a good alternative?
I don’t. I’ll see if I can get one.

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
I
think I would be looking at the two vets “ruck” tripod with their 44mm ball head. For me I much prefer a center post tripod for hunting. If it’s solely a range or prs setup then no but I want something that a little more universal. Yes, it won’t be as good for shooting stability but will be much better for glassing. At least for me. I wish GW would add a center post to their backpacker tripod. I’ve been around them and they are solid units but that’s what keeps me from owning one

DerekS

Reaction score
I

think I would be looking at the two vets “ruck” tripod with their 44mm ball head. For me I much prefer a center post tripod for hunting. If it’s solely a range or prs setup then no but I want something that a little more universal. Yes, it won’t be as good for shooting stability but will be much better for glassing. At least for me. I wish GW would add a center post to their backpacker tripod. I’ve been around them and they are solid units but that’s what keeps me from owning one
I ended up with The Kit from Two Vets with the 44mm ball head. No center stem. I'll be hunting with it in a couple weeks. So far I like shooting off of it. Went ahead and got the 4.5" Arca rail from Area 419 to put on a rifle as well.

GSTEW1930

Reaction score
Ryan are you going to do a video review of this tripod?

Forum Sponsors