Retumbo trade for primers

PRCGuy

Reaction score
I have a never opened pound of Retumbo I'd like to trade for Federal 215M, CCI 250 or CCI 200 primers. I'm the Boise, Idaho area and would prefer not to ship.

Last edited:

IdahoN8iv

Reaction score
Exactly how many are you looking to trade for that pound?

PRCGuy

Reaction score
Ya know...I actually didn't have any exact number in mind. I know the value doesn't evenly match to 1000 so I figured I'd hear out offers less than that but didn't have anything exact in mind.

IdahoN8iv

Reaction score
I only have 1200 but if you go to cliff's guns safes and reloading he has the 215 M. He will sale you 100 when you buy 100 bullets but he bends you over a barrel at $15.00 per 100 primers!

PRCGuy

Reaction score
Funny you mention that... Was actually just in cliffs this last week when I was told they have some in store and didn't stay on the phone long enough for details...I just don't need any more bullets. Haha. And that pricing seems wild to me as well. Thanks for the heads up though! Glad to see someone else here from Idaho!

IdahoN8iv

Reaction score
Yeah if cliff's wasn't the only place a guy could get powder around here I wouldn't shop there. I have a serious issue with people price gouging like that. Really unethical in my opinion. Now I have enough stuff to get by for a while I will most likely never shop there again. Are you running a 300 prc?

PRCGuy

Reaction score
Agreed. Use to find a lot of things at D&B Supply but they've had a hard time through the shortages.
I am. Actually have two after turning an old model 700 into one this summer. Currently collecting parts for a 6.5 PRC. Not sure where the attachment came from but I'm loving the two rounds.

IdahoN8iv

Reaction score
I've got a CA ridgeline in 300 prc. Been testing ramshot LRT as it's the only powder I've been able to consistently get my hands on. What bullet and powder combinations are you having luck with in your 300?

PRCGuy

Reaction score
I have the exact same firearm and had best luck with 212 eldx bullets with 77-77.5 grains of retumbo. Played with H1000, Ramshot Magnum, IMR 8133 & 7977 and RL26. RL26 had a faster load but retumbo came in more accurate for me. Been fortunate enough to have been able to restock my retumbo when I got low and I know not many were.

IdahoN8iv

Reaction score
Yeah you'd have a better chance catching a fart in the wind than finding retumbo. I'll have to see what I can get with LRT.

PRCGuy

Reaction score
Yeah you'd have a better chance catching a fart in the wind than finding retumbo. I'll have to see what I can get with LRT.
Not sure if 1 pound would be a tease if you can't find more after developing a load but let me know if you'd like to look at trading. Looking for CCI 250 and CCI 200s also. I've heard people are having great luck with non magnum primers in the 300 PRC.

zrodco

Reaction score
I got a in-stock alert for Retumbo last week on the reloading discord. Someone must have got a shipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRCGuy

Reaction score
I got a in-stock alert for Retumbo last week on the reloading discord. Someone must have got a shipment

I've actually got enough retumbo to get me through the shortage (knock on wood). Hoping to find someone in the same situation but with primers.

zrodco

Reaction score
They are around. I’ve bought 5000 primers from the big sites since November. Discord is a big help.

waveslayer

Reaction score
Where are you located ? I'm running low on Retumbo and have a lot of primers

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Forum Sponsors