Remington 721

Rookie

Reaction score
Hello all this is my first post. Want to thank everyone in advance for response’s.
Ok my son recently surprised me with a 721 Remington in 270. Pretty clean gun barrel seems in good shape. Stock has a couple spots and of course stock design does not lend well to optics. So I am looking to restock.
I am planning to also install an aftermarket trigger. From there see what it can do. Any suggestions on stock for this rifle company or style. I also plan on leaving factory one piece plate on bottom it was gift and don’t want to change it up a lot.
I have looked at Boyd platinum and Richards micro fit 102 classic.
Any help would be appreciated. I don’t mind doing some shaping and finishing. Again thanks for the help and any suggestions are appreciated.

adam32

Reaction score
Any Rem 700 stock will work with a slight modification to the bolt handle slot. The last 721 I built I used a Stocky's accublock laminate stock, it's a bit heavy but overall very nice.

Rookie

Reaction score
Adam32 thanks for the reply i have looked at the Stocky stocks as well. Just cant decide on what i wan to do for a stock. It will just be a deer rifle for around home but its special to me being a gift from my son. If barrel goes i will maybe re barrel it for a 280AI. Again thanks for the response!

Wnc-coyote

Reaction score
I built a 25-06 on a 721 action several years ago. I have it in a Boyd's thumb hole. Only problem I have is that the trigger is a bit of a stretch from the thumb hole. Other than that the stock is pretty decent. I did pillar bed it also. Will get a pic of it this evening.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum Sponsors