Proposed caliber and COAL restriction workshop scheduled

jmden

Reaction score
Good grief. This is appears little less than a sideways effort to restrict LRH.

mtnwrunner

Long Range High Country Field Editor
Reaction score
Good grief. This is appears little less than a sideways effort to restrict LRH.

Yeah, no kidding. Just imagine all the game wardens running around the country with a set of dial calipers on their web belt between the glock 40 and the taser......:mad:

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Well if you go to the work shop to organize be ready. I have wasted enough of my life at FWP meetings to tell you, the common mindset among a large percentage of sportsmen is, "If I don't do it that way its wrong."

Jeff

JeffVN

ELR Field Editor
Reaction score
I've not heard any particular reason for the move in my local papers, but the northern part of Nevada doesn't always communicate witht he southern part of the state. Are there people hunting with 50BMG?

jmden

Reaction score

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
for reference a 338 Lapua AI with a throat long enough to use full case capacity is 3.910" a Standard EDGE case will run about .100" longer than the Lapua AI. I didn't have a 338-378 wby to measure.

One thing I recommend to those wishing to debate or bargain with these anti infiltrated boards is. Take a barter. In other words don't just appose it all, but offer a solution. Ask for the moon and take the stars. That is exactly what they will do. So have a maximum length and solid data from actual rounds and support your data.

You may not get it all shut down, but you may get a reasonable negotiation. Remember, these guys get paid for doing what they do, this is just more laws and job security.

Jeff

dave300

Reaction score
After doing a bit of research, I found that a second meeting was scheduled, (tomorrow) and if you use the link and scroll down to the 3rd item it gives a quick recap of what was talked about at the first meeting, and suggestions as to what should be further reviewed. It appears, someone has talked about affecting custom reloads and measuring the casing length versus the overall length along with showing which calibers may be affected. I'm "hoping" someone is on our side AND had brought some facts to the table, at least it appears so.
I am also interested in that this is the first I have heard of this, along with JeffVN, however, a first workshop had already been held in Las Vegas according to the notes in the link below.

http://www.ndow.org/uploadedFiles/ndoworg/Content/Public_Meetings/Notice of WorkshopMarch2016.pdf

Forum Sponsors