PRIME Ammo Lawsuit

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I would make this post to bring anyone up to speed on why PRIME ammo has been non existent in the last 6 months.

Here is an official statment from the Founder/CEO

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have talked to Jim several times. Seems like a really good guy. I also read both of the court filings. Looks like a big company trying to bully a small one. I hope Prime has a good day in court.

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
agreed! I think it is a great company and terrible what is happening I spoke with John Fillman yesterday, they have a plan and are working towards new ways and components to produce ammo

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
agreed! I think it is a great company and terrible what is happening I spoke with John Fillman yesterday, they have a plan and are working towards new ways and components to produce ammo

Ask John why his nickname is dump truck. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Ask John why his nickname is dump truck. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said depends on who you ask, but he did confirm his wife kicked "Dump Truck" out and he is not allowed back at home

Papa Charlie

Reaction score
I also read all the court documents. I would find it hard to weigh in on either side at this stage. Both are making claims that depict a different story, which is true is yet to be seen.
I don't care for the fact that Prime is looking to their customers to fund their legal fees. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
I also read all the court documents. I would find it hard to weigh in on either side at this stage. Both are making claims that depict a different story, which is true is yet to be seen.
I don't care for the fact that Prime is looking to their customers to fund their legal fees. Just doesn't seem right to me.

this all came to light in the last five days, and in talking to John the "Donate" page was created because lots of poeple are wanting to help I haven't seen any place where they have ask for help, and I did read where they tell where that they tell where all those donations will go and any access income will be donated to a charity they specifically mentioned the guardian long range association

jmgardner

Reaction score
Daniel is correct. Prime has such a loyal following, and rightfully so. Lots of people, myself included, feel like this is a case of big business bully little business, and ASKED how to help. why? because prime isnt just a business, the company is a group of shooters themselves and we support our own. and I have no doubt that, if prime stays afloat, they will continue to support shooting sports in the manner that earned them this backing in the first place.

Papa Charlie

Reaction score
I don't know any more than I read in the court documents and the attachments and what Prime has said in their videos. There are always two sides to every story.

Ruag, according to the court documents, stated that they provided approximately $2.2M in ammunition to Prime on consignment for two years. They claim that the agreement stated that they were to be paid within 7 days of any sale and that at the end of the two years any unsold materials were to be returned to them. They also claim that at the end of that two year period that Prime asked for an extension, which they granted.

At this point, I would have expected Prime to returned any materials unsold to Ruag and then sought out a way to work out their debt.

As for Ruag, in my opinion, any company that would provide you with $2.2M worth of their materials for you to sell without any upfront payments doesn't sound like a big company stepping on a small company. Sounds more like a big company sticking their neck out to help someone get started.

Now the sequential agreement for Ruag to sell Prime an additional $400K worth of materials to help them generate the money to help pay their bill is suspicious to me. They required payment in advance, not without reason, but then failed to provide, claiming they are still producing the product (not the same as shipping). Then they claim they put the funds into escrow due to the debt. This sounds like they entered into the agreement to provide more ammo on a prepay basis to try and recoup some of the monies owed, without any intention of following through with the agreement.

For Prime, and I am just thinking out loud here, was able to come up with $400K to pay Ruag for sequential agreement. This makes me wonder why they would not have made a payment on the original debt in good faith then sought out an agreement to sell acquire additional material to sell and help settle their debt.

Now, I am not taking sides here or making judgement about anyone's character. I am sure that there is much more to this story which we will probably never know. I am just stating what I have read and some interesting points. I don't know who is wrong or right, that is for the courts to decide, but it sounds as though both parties have been in violation of the agreements.

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors