Peterson brass

Jules

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with Peterson brass?
If so, what is your opinion of it?
Thanks

waveslayer

Reaction score
Yes, it is really good brass. Had some for a hot minute on a .375 Chetan.

But I have had no issues with their brass. It can be a little pricey, depending on the caliber. What caliber are you looking to reload?

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
I am currently using it in my 375 CT Imp. And it is doing fine. I did have a bad run of some 338 Lapua Peterson brass. Cost me $400 to drop it all in the trash after 1 firing. From what I could research it was an annealing problem during their mfg. process. Cases were splitting. And I wasn't alone with the issue. Close inspection found new virgin cases were cracked before firing too. I feel it was just a bad run, but because of the way they handled this issue, I won't be using them as a first choice any longer, or 2nd for that matter. Not a nice thing to do to your new custom rifle chamber.
20200117_101441.jpg

Jules

Reaction score
I am currently using it in my 375 CT Imp. And it is doing fine. I did have a bad run of some 338 Lapua Peterson brass. Cost me $400 to drop it all in the trash after 1 firing. From what I could research it was an annealing problem during their mfg. process. Cases were splitting. And I wasn't alone with the issue. Close inspection found new virgin cases were cracked before firing too. I feel it was just a bad run, but because of the way they handled this issue, I won't be using them as a first choice any longer, or 2nd for that matter. Not a nice thing to do to your new custom rifle chamber.
View attachment 6423
Did you contact Peterson about this problem? If so, what was their response?

Broz

Reaction score
Did you contact Peterson about this problem? If so, what was their response?
Yes I did. I also talked to one of their people who sits on their board. I was assured they were going to "take care" of the issue and possibly recall brass that was failing. After months and 3 or more conversations I simply tossed it in the scrap bucket and moved on. I know of others that had the same issue and not sure how their loss was handled, but I was never offered any compensation. I replaced it with Lapua, polished my chamber and the world is right again.

Broz

Reaction score

Jules

Reaction score
What a poor way of doing business. I will have to be desperate to do business with a company that is run like that.

Broz

Reaction score
What a poor way of doing business. I will have to be desperate to do business with a company that is run like that.
I have used brass from them that was fine. I think anyone can make a bad batch. But I also believe they could do better from their management and public relations detail.

Forum Sponsors