...........open carry at voter polls in my state........

BigBuck

Reaction score
Okay I check the local news every evening and to my surprise I see an article on open carry at the voter polls . It says not all voter polls can stop you from open carry. So I decided to call my local police department and ask is this really okay , the dispatcher said "let me ask the sergeant" she came back and told me that the sergeant said " I will have to ask an attorney they can no longer answer weapon related questions " WOW I thought . I then replied so I cannot ask an officer of the Law a question concerning the Law ? I then told her yes mam I will definitely call an Attorney .... Is it just me or does this seem ridiculous ?

BigBuck

BigBuck

Reaction score
It is in his Jurisdiction . I agree he must not be much of a sergeant . All I was doing was making sure I am playing by the rules .

mtnwrunner

Long Range High Country Field Editor
Reaction score
BigBuck, maybe you can be a test case and we can see you on the nightly news.;) You could probably ask 10 attorneys and they would probably give you ten different answers. It seems that these days everyone is afraid to make a decision on anything of a sensitive nature. Not sure how far you PD is from you but I'd be interested in what they would say if you went down and asked the same question face to face and get a name. We have a lot of business's that won't allow you to carry a gun, even concealed) as it is their "policy." Well, IF I have to go in, I always carry (conceal)----don't matter what their "policy" is. I won't do business with those business's unless I absolutely have to.

BigBuck

Reaction score
Yes Sir Randy I completely agree about concealed carry but what I intended to do is go to the voter polls and take my 3 kids and my wife as I always do when voting but this time open carry . That way all the anti gunnies or goonies could see a family man that respects the Law with his precious little kids . I think the news media paints a bad picture with every negative report that is firearm related . This I feel would be one way that they the anti's could see a young man in his mid 30's with his 1 , 3 and 6 year old kids that maybe would paint a better picture . People believe everything they see on tv and most of it is liberal coverage ...

mtnwrunner

Long Range High Country Field Editor
Reaction score
Yes Sir Randy I completely agree about concealed carry but what I intended to do is go to the voter polls and take my 3 kids and my wife as I always do when voting but this time open carry . That way all the anti gunnies or goonies could see a family man that respects the Law with his precious little kids . I think the news media paints a bad picture with every negative report that is firearm related . This I feel would be one way that they the anti's could see a young man in his mid 30's with his 1 , 3 and 6 year old kids that maybe would paint a better picture . People believe everything they see on tv and most of it is liberal coverage ...

I like it.

Randy

farmboy

Reaction score
Beware of unintended consequences. Are people really being educated or are they pissed off because it is being shoved in their face? You can only educate the willing, consider that many may be turned away from our Second Amendment rights. Try teaching a class to willing participants. Flaunting your gun in front of people that don't have strong feelings about it will alienate quite a few of them. I can develop this thought more later. Also be aware that open carry is not often a sound tactic.

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
This could also depend on what building or what property your voting station is. We go to the school to vote, so this would be a "gun free zone" some other "public" buildings like post offices, police stations, or civic centers could also carry the same blanket laws about any type of carry.

Jeff

BigBuck

Reaction score
Jeff, I vote in a church . We can open carry in service my state.
School are still off limits tho.

farmboy I don't see my flaunting being a issue in fact most folks have already been Liberalized by the media . You know the leftist view of "guns kill people and spoons make people fat "
Their is nothing wrong with exercising our rights (even to open carry). If all that these people ever get fed is what CNN tells them then they definitely need to see good honest Law abiding citizens with families that look right , dress right an spit white . Practicing their right to open carry . Tactical indeed my friend....

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors