Novagrade Double Gripper Setup & Couple of Tips

NovagradeDoug

Reaction score
Here is a short video to go along with the LRO member special on Novagrade Double Grippers announced earlier this week. If you have questions it doesn't cover give me a shout.

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Friends, I have been using the Novagrade double gripper for about 3 years now. This digiscoping adapter will fit any phone, in any phone case, and any optic. It is simply one quality piece that is very versatile.

I asked Doug to consider offering a discount for the LRO members for Christmas gifts and such. So he gladly did.

Below is the discount code for all LRO members and users.

2020LRO 130006750_3929119550452743_339914260263668211_o.jpg

Ladd

Reaction score
I was needing an upgrade for my new iPhone 12 Pro so this came at the right time. I wasn’t too happy with my last setup, I hope this works better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyoelk

Reaction score
This unit is awesome for recording long range practice so if you don't spot the impact, you can review the video.

Jeff
I use mine for the same thing. It’s awesome when I shoot solo, or when you have to tell your buddy he sucks. Can’t argue with the video.

Ladd

Reaction score
It’s all setup. Not too difficult to figure out. The instructions were pretty clear. I have the iPhone 12 pro. It has three camera lenses on it. Which one do I use? How do I control them? Many times the 12 would switch to a different camera and the screen would go dark because it was focusing on the adapter. I did manage to snap this pretty clear pic.

Ladd

Reaction score
And so far...much better than the last phone scope adaptor I had. It rotated on my spotter due to gravity and the phone would turn diagonally all the time. And I love not needing to take this phone out of its case to fit the adapter. Nice product Novagrade.

Ladd

Reaction score
I have the iPhone 12 pro's three camera lenses figured out and how to use them with the adapter. Each lens is for a zoom setting, 0.5x, 1x and 2x. If you use your fingers and zoom from 0.5x to 1x it switches from one lens to the other and the same going from 1 to 2. So, once you have a lens centered in the adapter you need to use that lens only and zoom with the spotter only staying within the one camera's zoom range. I'll have to give this a go outside sometime but I think this is all I needed left answered.

ytsheephnter

Reaction score
Thank you for providing us with a discount. Put my order in this morning!

Ladd

Reaction score
I have the iPhone 12 pro's three camera lenses figured out and how to use them with the adapter. Each lens is for a zoom setting, 0.5x, 1x and 2x. If you use your fingers and zoom from 0.5x to 1x it switches from one lens to the other and the same going from 1 to 2. So, once you have a lens centered in the adapter you need to use that lens only and zoom with the spotter only staying within the one camera's zoom range. I'll have to give this a go outside sometime but I think this is all I needed left answered.
I tried the Nova Grade Double Gripper with my iPhone 12 Pro on my Swarovski ATS 65 with what I thought I had figured for the lenses mentioned above. I was wrong. I couldn’t get it to work.

What I think you have to do, and I’ll confirm this later, is you center the top lens in the Nova Grade. This lens is the 1X lens. With the camera on, put your finger on the screen and hold it there. “AE/AF LOCK” will appear at the top of the phone. You can then put the Nova Grade on the spotter and zoom in and out using your fingers on the phone like usual. This locks the 1X lens to be the only lens used. I tried this with the other lenses doing the same thing and it didn’t work and the screen would go dark. So, you have to use the 1X lens to digiscope.

Ladd

Reaction score
Just tried it and it works perfectly.

brotherbear67

Reaction score
I just got mine last week and picked up a Swarovski ATS 65 on Wednesday, got to play around a bit with it earlier today. Had same issues as you Ladd with getting it set up and the 2x going black on me. I have a Phone Skope as well and have the app for it. Using the Phone Skope app I was able to lock my phone on 2x and not have it black out and not get the black ring around my pic. Pretty foggy last few days so didn’t take any pics but think I’ve got er figured out now. Will be taking the setup with me to Denver in the morning. Might have time for a couple pics on the trip down or on the way back. Definitely like being able to leave my phone in the case. A bit of a learning curve but I’m liking it so far.

Ladd

Reaction score
I just got mine last week and picked up a Swarovski ATS 65 on Wednesday, got to play around a bit with it earlier today. Had same issues as you Ladd with getting it set up and the 2x going black on me. I have a Phone Skope as well and have the app for it. Using the Phone Skope app I was able to lock my phone on 2x and not have it black out and not get the black ring around my pic. Pretty foggy last few days so didn’t take any pics but think I’ve got er figured out now. Will be taking the setup with me to Denver in the morning. Might have time for a couple pics on the trip down or on the way back. Definitely like being able to leave my phone in the case. A bit of a learning curve but I’m liking it so far.

Ya. Leaving the phone in the case is my most favorite feature.

Forum Sponsors