Nightforce TS-82 Spotting Scope and Recommended Tripod

Diverjeff

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Been thinking about getting a spotting scope and tripod and want to get your take on the Nightforce TS-82 and a decent tripod to go with it.Am really not concerned about weight,etc. since it will only be used from a bench,star gazing(possibly a little window peepin' on a hot neighbor:D)etc. and not packed in a hunting situation.I have 2 of their 7-35 ATACR's and really like their quality so thinking their spotting scope should be the same.Would like a decent adjustable tripod to go with it,and would that be a complete unit or would I need other accessories to attach the scope to the tripod?

Thanks fellas!
Jeff

Shooter264

Reaction score
If not concerned about weight, any of the manfrotto tripods would work good. They are definitely quality and can be had fairly cheap in aluminum and slightly more for carbon fiber.

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Been thinking about getting a spotting scope and tripod and want to get your take on the Nightforce TS-82 and a decent tripod to go with it.Am really not concerned about weight,etc. since it will only be used from a bench,star gazing(possibly a little window peepin' on a hot neighbor:D)etc. and not packed in a hunting situation.I have 2 of their 7-35 ATACR's and really like their quality so thinking their spotting scope should be the same.Would like a decent adjustable tripod to go with it,and would that be a complete unit or would I need other accessories to attach the scope to the tripod?

Thanks fellas!
Jeff
If you let me know an address….I could help you out a lot more…….(neighbor). ;)

No experience with the NF spotter, but a Slik 7 series would also be a great option as well.

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
I have used My Nightforce TS-82 for many years now. Since they came out. After I fot it I sold my Swaro AT so that should say something. My favorite tripod is the OutDoorsmans with their pistol grip head. I use this set up with spotter and bino's. I use the Outdoorsmans mounts for both and it is fast and easy to switch from one to another, I also use this tripod under my LabRadar with one of their mounts as well. I have other tripods and fluid heads, but this one packs easy and is my favorite.

20190523_145931.jpg
IMG_20211124_054619_316.jpg

Diverjeff

Reaction score
Thanks Broz,that's all the recommendation I need,if it's good enough for you it's damn sure good enough for me!

Appreciate ya,
Jeff

DRUSS

Reaction score
I agree with Broz on this. I have same setup(straight eye pc though) on a medium Outdoorsmans tripod. I also have a Manfrotto carbon tripod for when I need to stand or used from pickup. I prefer the panner head for the spotter and the pistol grip while using binoculars.

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
I agree with Broz on this. I have same setup(straight eye pc though) on a medium Outdoorsmans tripod. I also have a Manfrotto carbon tripod for when I need to stand or used from pickup. I prefer the panner head for the spotter and the pistol grip while using binoculars.
I agree with ya here. Heavy optics, like a full size spotter, I feel should be used with a solid pan head. I use the Outdoorsmans, and it is just a badass piece for the hunter. So easy to grid search an area with it, especially when compared to a pistol grip.

Desert Dan

Reaction score
I owned both the pistol grip with the panner attachment and the pan head. Up to 12x50 binoculars the pistol grip did fine but if I were to use anything bigger I would hands down go with the pan head. Even the stability from the pan head over the pistol grip with 12s was very noticeable.

warrbuk

Reaction score
The pistol grip works great (fast) when you have spotted a animal and want a better look.

IMO the pan head is far better for “gridding” out an area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Sponsors