New Rangefinder

Kevin11

Reaction score
Greetings all. I'm looking for a new rangefinder that provides custom ballistic solutions within the unit. The Sig Kilo 5k looks like a great fit. Anyone have one? Also, what are your thoughts on having range finding binos vs binoculars with a separate range finder? Such as the SIG Kilo 3000 binoculars.

257 STW

Reaction score
I have the Vortex Fury 1st gen RF Binos and for the most part they work pretty well. I also carry a Vortex HD 4000 RF to back it up. Then I use my Kestrel 5700 Elite for my shooting solutions. Not as simple as an RF with ballistics, but works for me. My hunting buddies both use the Sig Kilo 2400 and it seems to work very well. They also are getting some time on the Revic BR4 for next season.

Ladd

Reaction score
Yup. The BR4 and the BR2 before that have been my go to rangefinders.

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
I just picked up the Swarovski EL Ranges. I found challenges in going from binos or a spotter to reacquiring my target with a rangefinder and went into an all in one unit. Albeit very expensive….but I’d rather do it once and do it right for my purposes.

Kevin11

Reaction score
What are the advantages of one of the Gunwerks rangefinders vs a Sig?

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
What are the advantages of one of the Gunwerks rangefinders vs a Sig?
I am not that familiar with the new SIG, but am with all the models prior. Ladd nailed it. The BR4 new wind speed and vector inputs are quick and easy and that was a huge upgrade over my old SIG. Plus, the BR4 is so fast and it actually locks on to what I am trying to range. I ran it all season on many hunts and many many elk kills. It was golden.

Triple BB

Reaction score
You might want to hop on youtube and check out the vid where Barbourcreek reviews the Sig Kilo 8k rangefinder. Looks like wind speed and vectors noted above have been addressed. Appears to be an amazing unit...

danj

Reaction score
The BR-4 is the cats meow !!!
Easy to program and easy yo use

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
And I do feel the wind, both vector and speed, is a little easier and quicker to access on the BR4 than the Kilo 8000. With the BR4 it is right there ready to go. Plus this entered wind vector and speed will default back to the BR4 base wind, or none, after it times out. So you don't have to go back in and remove it before the next engagement.

Wired2Hunt

Reaction score
Any other new updates on the Kilo5k? The Basemap integration seems nice to have. BR4 looks sweet, just $700 more than the Sig

Forum Sponsors