NEW Precision Rings From Zeiss

coshank

Reaction score
Any idea when these will be available? I'd really like to try these on my new 300 wm.

dyecocker1

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem that tiny little bubble could get lost behind the ocular causing the user to have to "look around" his optic to see it? I started with levels mounted higher than the pic rail on the receiver, no thanks. For me its gotta be visible from my cheek wield.

Last edited:

JayAdventures

Reaction score
I saw some at the show not to long ago. Looking forward to hearing feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
We just got some of these new Zeiss Rings in and man they look nice. Complete with needed Torx bits , and torque specs printed on the bottom of the rings. Plus they come in a very nice case. Top shelf for sure. We will be testing soon and doing a review after.

brotherbear67

Reaction score
I just got mine in the mail, this days off I’ll be getting em on a gun and setting a V6 in there. They look pretty nice. Interested to hear what everyone else has to say in the meantime.

Yoteklr

Reaction score
My problem with this design is you need to index the bubble level plumb with the true verical travel of the turret not wherever the top half of the ring sits.

Broz

Reaction score
My problem with this design is you need to index the bubble level plumb with the true verical travel of the turret not wherever the top half of the ring sits.
Not really a problem. They are very adjustable. More than enough gap from side to side on the cap to set the level. We have been using top cap levels for years. Not one issue. Plenty of rock in the cap to level to turret and reticle travel.

Jeff

Last edited:

Yoteklr

Reaction score
Gotcha, that's all good then.

Choovhntr

Reaction score
Any further update on these rings? I’m interested in them but haven’t heard much feedback since they have been released. It seems odd the recoil lug does not span all the way across the rail. Any problems? Also I really like the placement and low profile of the bubble in theory, but how is it working out in real world uses. I have yet to see them in person. Thanks for any further reviews. The others I’m looking at are the apa rings, nightforce UL, and seekins.

brotherbear67

Reaction score
I like the set I have and will purchase another for my next rifle.

muleystalker

Reaction score
I use the Hawkins Precision on all my rigs, rock solid, light weight and comes with level. These don't look bad but looks like they could cut a little bit of weight.

Doublezranch

Reaction score
I am really interested in these but worried that the level might be a bit small. Is it easily seen from behind the rifle? I use a Vortex scope level now. The only real reason is because when teaching my kids proper technique, it was easier for them to see a larger level.

Choovhntr

Reaction score
I purchased a set and they appear to be very nice. I haven’t mounted my scope yet (still waiting for it to show up), but the level seems to be very visible still while shouldered. The only gripe I have so far is how thick they are. Probably good for holding strength, but overhang on my action rail slots. More aesthetic than anything, but still a little bothersome.

Hunt West

Reaction score
Trying to be tactful about it but I had a tough time recently with a lightweight magnum rifle and a heavy scope (bad recipe if your mounts aren’t rock solid). So I’ll leave it at this. The two targets below were shot with same rifle, same load, same scope, only difference was the rings. I’d look at the NF or seekins, others on here highly recommend Hawkins as well.

Attachments

Broz

Reaction score
Broz. Any update on these?
I am only running them on a rim fire right now. " Spiderman" Jordan Kauer , I believe is running them on a 300 RUM and has not reported any issues. But Ryan F had a set slip on the scope tube a week ago. We are questioning if they need more torque on the ring caps. So more research needs to be done.

Choovhntr

Reaction score
Trying to be tactful about it but I had a tough time recently with a lightweight magnum rifle and a heavy scope (bad recipe if your mounts aren’t rock solid). So I’ll leave it at this. The two targets below were shot with same rifle, same load, same scope, only difference was the rings. I’d look at the NF or seekins, others on here highly recommend Hawkins as well.
Just to confirm, that top target was with the zeiss rings?

DEW

Reaction score
Are there any other solid rings with the offset level? Hawkins isn’t sure when they’re gonna be getting any.

Choovhntr

Reaction score
That’s discouraging to see. I’ll be mounting up my nx8 today when it shows up and will give mine a go. It’s a braked 7.5lb PRC so a lot less recoil. I’ll make sure to mark the rings to keep an eye out for movement and report back

brotherbear67

Reaction score
I have set on a lightweight 28 Nosler. No issues thus far.

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I am only running them on a rim fire right now. " Spiderman" Jordan Kauer , I believe is running them on a 300 RUM and has not reported any issues. But Ryan F had a set slip on the scope tube a week ago. We are questioning if they need more torque on the ring caps. So more research needs to be done.
Mine were torqued to the spec on the bottom of the ring on a 300 PRC shooting 230 Bergers with Zeiss V4.

Triple BB

Reaction score
I don't over torque, but I do add a dusting of rosin to all caps. Never had a scope slip on any of large magnum cal rifles...

Choovhntr

Reaction score
I had to over toque mine due to some slippage. Honestly after that I lost faith and moved on to NF ultralights. I imagine the zeiss would have been fine once torqued higher and liked the lower mounting height, but I just couldn’t stop thinking they might move. I was very shocked to see this since they look and feel like such a well made product.

Forum Sponsors