My New Bow for 2020

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
So I have received my new Hoyt Carbon RX-4 Alpha that will be my bow for this season. Got her all set up and I am dialing in with broad heads. I have to say, all I have at this point is a first impression, but it is a good one. This is the smoothest bow I have ever drawn.

IMG_20200903_122216859.jpg

elkguide

Reaction score
Impressive looking.
Great to hear that she's smooth especially with a messed up/healing shoulder!

RBanta66

Reaction score
I've been building confidence with my bow for the last 35 years and I'll probably still miss at least once this year.

RBanta66

Reaction score
Lots of opportunities here in Virginia, very healthy whitetail population. Of course last year I never pulled my bow back, didn't see a decent buck. Hoping this year is different, might hunt in a different area depending on the acorn crop.

Ladd

Reaction score
Well, good luck taking a bull with archery equipment. I hear it can be addicting. I had a Wyoming bull come in close enough but behind a group of trees, he wouldn't step any further. He was a unique bull with three main beams. His bugle was very impressive from so close. Never saw him again after archery season. That's as close as I've come to taking a bull with an arrow. I have taken a mule deer but it was by luck many many years ago and it died in the bushes of someone's cabin. I haven't chased one with a bow since.

He was so cool I have to show you. We found him scouting while in a rain storm the month prior and lucked out finding him on the archery hunt.

Last edited:

Gord0

Reaction score
Looks good! What's the weight of the total package? I was amazed when I bought a new bow 8yrs ago now how much smoother it was. I've got a messed up shoulder too. I couldn't even draw my old bow it got so bad!

RBanta66

Reaction score
Very cool bull. So I'm still shooting the Bowtech Insanity CPX 73lb 28in draw. With gold tip XT 300 factory build cut to 27in, 100gn tip I'm getting right at 300fps. I just built some Easton Hexx 330 cut to 26 1/4 with 75gn brass inserts, with X uni bushing X nock and Q2 Rapt-X vanes 100gn tips. I'm probably closer to 285 - 290 fps but they are flying like darts. G5 striker V2's are hitting same as field points out to 70yds. Just waiting for our season.

Last edited:

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
I have to say, This Hoyt Carbon RX -4 Alpha is the easiest bow to hold on target that any bow I have shot in the last 6 years. I have been fighting pin oscillation for the last few years. Even with the torn up shoulders I am more solid on target, and I am shooting with no stabilizers at all.

I think we are bonding.

Ladd

Reaction score
I have to say, This Hoyt Carbon RX -4 Alpha is the easiest bow to hold on target that any bow I have shot in the last 6 years. I have been fighting pin oscillation for the last few years. Even with the torn up shoulders I am more solid on target, and I am shooting with no stabilizers at all.

I think we are bonding.
Go get em. When does the bow hunt start?

Ladd

Reaction score
Yesterday, but I am only seeing squeekers so far. It has been too hot. Hopefully the cold front coming through will bring some real bulls down.
The big ones just might start if the temp drops and snow flies tomorrow. My experience over the years is it seams to heat up pretty good, around here, on or about 9/12. Good luck.

waveslayer

Reaction score
The heat will me up the rut for sure. Especially right now, good looking bow!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

85zero17

Reaction score
WHAT IS YOUR ARROW WEIGHT, AND SPEED. WHAT BROAD HEAD

Forum Sponsors