Maven??

Flyjunky12

Reaction score
Anybody used or looked through a Maven scope? I know their binoculars are getting great reviews and I've seen a little talk about their scopes. The RS3 (FFP) or the RS5 (SFP) both look like nice specs but I can't find enough info on their tracking, durability, etc yet.

@FURMAN, have you heard anything on these through the grapevine?

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
We have used tested and used them from day 1 of their first scope. We have never seen one loose zero as far as I know. Tracking has always been great. And never seen one go down. Each model they come out with keeps getting better. The RS5 is with Ryan F. now for review. I am sure he will weight in here. The Maven glass is very crisp and clear to my eyes too.

Flyjunky12

Reaction score
Thanks Broz, and yes, I just came across a review LRO did on the Maven. Thank you for the response and I look forward to the RS5 review. I'm starting to come around to SFP scopes and the RS5 has my attention.

elkguide

Reaction score
Not to be one to pile on and take a thread in a diffferent direction but since we're on Maven, I have the Maven SA-1, 25-50X80 spotter and the Maven Rangefinder. Both have performed better than I had hoped. The spotter is very clear and user friendly and the range finder gives very sharp images and on my elk and mule deer hunt in Idaho this fall, I got solid readings out to 2840 yards. Not a fan of the knob on the side of the range finder but do use it's function to change the intensity of the reticle depending on daylight.

And for full disclosure...... I am a Swarovski fanboy!

FURMAN

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a review on the RS3.

I am testing the RS4 and RS5 now. The reviews will be out soon. I have not yet done a lot of side by side with the glass but the tracking is spot on and the features are everything we need and nothing we don't. They are a great buy in the optics world. I will be doing some side by sides with comparable glass over the next few weeks and will be getting the reviews out. I am not a big stickler for great glass as the other features far out weigh the importance. I can already say I would recommend the RS5 and the RS4 to anyone. They are completely different scopes so you would have to see which one suits your needs better. I personally feel they both trump the RS3 which is a great scope.

Flyjunky12

Reaction score
We have a review on the RS3.

I am testing the RS4 and RS5 now. The reviews will be out soon. I have not yet done a lot of side by side with the glass but the tracking is spot on and the features are everything we need and nothing we don't. They are a great buy in the optics world. I will be doing some side by sides with comparable glass over the next few weeks and will be getting the reviews out. I am not a big stickler for great glass as the other features far out weigh the importance. I can already say I would recommend the RS5 and the RS4 to anyone. They are completely different scopes so you would have to see which one suits your needs better. I personally feel they both trump the RS3 which is a great scope.
Thanks Ryan, I'll anxiously be waiting for the review.

Right now I'm really leaning towards the Atacr 4-20 but if this scope is as good as it sounds why would I pay another $1500? Are the gains (if any) of the nightforce worth it?

hokiepride44

Reaction score
I have the RS3 on my 300WM. I’ve had it for about 3 months, spent a lot of time behind it getting it ready to hunt. I really love it, glass is what you would expect from a quality scope. Tracking is spot on, and it has never lost zero. Turrets have a great positive click when dialing, and the parallax adjustment on mine is surprisingly close in terms of range. I own other scopes that aren’t close at all. It preformed great in the field this past season, harvesting several at ranges from 60 yards to 461 yards.

Attachments

• 42EDD292-EBED-42AC-AB3F-68866981A9B6.jpeg
    42EDD292-EBED-42AC-AB3F-68866981A9B6.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 61
  • 1D9CD96B-D89A-4011-B696-8B39C0A9EE6B.jpeg
    1D9CD96B-D89A-4011-B696-8B39C0A9EE6B.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
I have the RS5 on my 300WM. I’ve had it for about 6 months, spent a lot of time behind it this past summer getting it ready to hunt. I really love it, glass is what you would expect from a quality scope. Tracking is spot on, and it has never lost zero. Turrets have a great positive click when dialing, and the parallax adjustment on mine is surprisingly close in terms of range. I own other scopes that aren’t close at all. It preformed great in the field this past season, harvesting several at ranges from 60 yards to 461 yards.
Good stuff here.....and great looking setup you have there.
I have always preferred NF's and others approach to parallax as to not having it labeled for specific yardages. Parallax can and will change based upon where you have your diopter set, and can give some shooters a false sense of security as opposed to simply dialing it until crisps up your image.

PS......I remember the days of the kiddo sleeping in one of those, waking up screaming as they are wet or just awnry, and tossing their clothes on the floor just as you have. Bravo to you and the wifey for getting them exposed to firearms training at the appropriate age. Keep it up!! ;)

AXEFORCE6

Reaction score
2AC68B31-A13B-4B33-88DE-58AF3189B5AA.jpeg

I have had this RS.4 for several months now. It’s been on my carbon rival it’s whole life. The scope has done me very well out to 500 yards. Glass and build quality is way up there. I love that parallax adjustment goes down to 15 yards and up to 1,000 and beyond. The adjustment ring for the parallax is very stiff. The turrets have a very mechanical feel to them. They are great. Probably my favorite turrets of any of my scopes I own. The eye relief is pretty good. The only downside I have found is at full zoom it’s very picky and makes you stay super consistent where your cheek weld is eye relief. I will be ordering a RS.5 for my wife’s build shortly. They make great products and are always eager to help you with anything. The RF.1 I have has been a great and very reliable. Hope this helps.

Flyjunky12

Reaction score
View attachment 9497

I have had this RS.4 for several months now. It’s been on my carbon rival it’s whole life. The scope has done me very well out to 500 yards. Glass and build quality is way up there. I love that parallax adjustment goes down to 15 yards and up to 1,000 and beyond. The adjustment ring for the parallax is very stiff. The turrets have a very mechanical feel to them. They are great. Probably my favorite turrets of any of my scopes I own. The eye relief is pretty good. The only downside I have found is at full zoom it’s very picky and makes you stay super consistent where your cheek weld is eye relief. I will be ordering a RS.5 for my wife’s build shortly. They make great products and are always eager to help you with anything. The RF.1 I have has been a great and very reliable. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the comments.

How is the eye box overall? Can you comment on what you think of the lowlight, or overall glass quality, compared to any of your other scopes.

I want to see Ryan's review before I pull the trigger on a new scope.

AXEFORCE6

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments.

How is the eye box overall? Can you comment on what you think of the lowlight, or overall glass quality, compared to any of your other scopes.

I want to see Ryan's review before I pull the trigger on a new scope.
Low light is great as is the glass. I feel like it’s pretty close to my V6. The eye box isn’t as good as the V6

mjspeers

Reaction score
I'm anxiously awaiting the review of the RS.5 too. Looking for a scope for a varmint gun and very torn between that and an NX8 2.5-20 F2. I would also be interested on the throw lever and scope covers from Maven, and whether it would be worth purchasing those along with the scope.

DerekS

Reaction score
I'm anxiously awaiting the review of the RS.5 too. Looking for a scope for a varmint gun and very torn between that and an NX8 2.5-20 F2. I would also be interested on the throw lever and scope covers from Maven, and whether it would be worth purchasing those along with the scope.
I had purchased an NX8 2.5-20 prior to watching FURMAN's video on the NX8 line. After receiving and using the 2.5-10 and watching FIRMAN's video, I completely agree the 4-32 is a better scope. 4 power in my mind is plenty low enough, the mounting headaches are almost gone, and the weight difference is negligible. Just something to think about.

mjspeers

Reaction score
I had purchased an NX8 2.5-20 prior to watching FURMAN's video on the NX8 line. After receiving and using the 2.5-10 and watching FIRMAN's video, I completely agree the 4-32 is a better scope. 4 power in my mind is plenty low enough, the mounting headaches are almost gone, and the weight difference is negligible. Just something to think about.
I have both. I agree with everything you’ve said. My thought process was simply that I don’t need the high end magnification so may as well save a little cash. But I’d probably be better served by the larger one simply for mounting options and perhaps a slightly more forgiving eye box.

AKbirder300

Reaction score
I have both. I agree with everything you’ve said. My thought process was simply that I don’t need the high end magnification so may as well save a little cash. But I’d probably be better served by the larger one simply for mounting options and perhaps a slightly more forgiving eye box.
You won’t regret the 4-32 vs 2.5-20. It really is like a different scope. I have had a lot of folks at the range who say they have heard bad things about the NX8 look through mine and their opinions almost always change.

That said I am following this thread because I am also super interested in the Mavens and am keenly waiting for Ryan’s video review.

Forum Sponsors