LRO's "The Precision Hunter" Series , "Colorado Migration Hunt"

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Welcome to the first on a new series of hunting videos. LRO's "The Precision Hunter" In Episode #1 Broz and his good friend and Montana elk guide Toby Dundas head to Colorado for a late season Migration Elk and Mule Deer hunt.

In this thread we can ask questions or discuss this hunt.

To watch the first video of this series follow this link. The Precision Hunter "Colorado Migration Hunt"

02.jpg

Ladd

Reaction score
Can’t wait to watch it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBanta66

Reaction score
Can't wait, I'm sure it will be great as all of your videos are top notch!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Ladd

Reaction score
The first film is live friends. Tell us what you think? This is a fairly large endeavor for us at LRO as we venture into creating professional hunting films. More to come.
If only I could watch it during my all-day meetings today. I wish.

RBanta66

Reaction score
Just watched the video. Thought it's was great. That's way flatter than the part of Colorado I've hunted, units 43/47. I'll have to try your approach.

Rich

Reaction score
I could watch these all day. The drone footage walking into the bull was awesome. I don't know who was filming, but they did very well. This type of footage is definitely not easy.

Rjk300

Reaction score
This video filled my lunch break! Good stuff!

SQ1

Reaction score
Depends on how you look at it... you guys can’t watch because of work. I’ve watch 3 times because I’m on an L&I back injury (all the more reason to build a lightweight hunter).

After that hunt in Colorado, was it worth the money? Would/are you going to do it again?

Last edited:

Broz

Reaction score
I could watch these all day. The drone footage walking into the bull was awesome. I don't know who was filming, but they did very well. This type of footage is definitely not easy.

Ben Titus from Way Out West Video Productions. Ben does a great job.

Broz

Reaction score
Depends on how you look at.. you guys can’t watch because of work. I’ve watch 3 times because I’m on an L&I back injury (all the more reason to build a lightweight hunter).

After that hunt in Colorado, was it worth the money? Would/are you going to do it again?

Compared to guided hunts it was worth the $ spent as it was less expensive. I was not wild about a migration hunt I guess. Personally I prefer to find elk and move on them. But this could have been way different if the herd of 300 to 400 would have came our way.

Magnett

Reaction score
Wonderful video Broz! Ben's work is excellent. Don't hesitate to do more of these.

By the way, it sounded pretty windy. How fast was the wind when you shot?

Broz

Reaction score
Wonderful video Broz! Ben's work is excellent. Don't hesitate to do more of these.

By the way, it sounded pretty windy. How fast was the wind when you shot?

10 to 12 mph FV. I had it already in the RF but since I was shooting down in a protected area I backed the wind correctly off by 1/2

ShtrRdy

Reaction score
Nice video! With that type of hunt do you pay a trespass fee and maybe landowner tag fee?

AZHTR

Reaction score
It’s a great video. I was watching and thinking that “drone shot” from above was really cool. Great job!

bunyon_0341

Reaction score
The first film is live friends. Tell us what you think? This is a fairly large endeavor for us at LRO as we venture into creating professional hunting films. More to come.

Just watched it, great video! The music had me getting closer and closer to the screen of my phone as you were going to take the shot, super fun stuff!

DerekS

Reaction score
Even if it weren't your favorite type of hunt, the scenery was gal dern purty to look at.

Ladd

Reaction score
I knew you were a star after watching the Christensen Arms Summit TI TH review video a couple years ago. Just finished watching your video Jeff. This one is was superb as well. Your cameraman got some great shots in, as did you, and the editing was very well done. Congrats a a nice video, I'm sure one of many more to come.

WestTxShooter

Reaction score
Broz I’m curious on which Kuiu jacket and pant you chose for that hunt? Couldn’t tell if that was a soft shell (guide/axis) or puffy type (Kenai/super down pro)?

Broz

Reaction score
Broz I’m curious on which Kuiu jacket and pant you chose for that hunt? Couldn’t tell if that was a soft shell (guide/axis) or puffy type (Kenai/super down pro)?

Kenai Ultra , pretty light jacket as I tend to layer up and wear a vest under and the guide orange vest on top.

I have several pair of KUIU pants from light to heavy. I think I just grabbed a few pair of the heavier ones as I knew it would likely be cold. I This, I had the Axis and the guide pants with me.

Last edited:

Broz

Reaction score
Troll is gone. As per our Rules, we will have zero ethics discussions. Ethics are for each of us to own ourselves. They only cause drama and BS. I know my bullet and the very low chances of a pass through at that impact velocity. Plus. The video shows the shot angle from a camera that is 30+ yards to the side of me. So things from the gun may have been different. The end.

Ladd

Reaction score
Troll is gone. As per our Rules, we will have zero ethics discussions. Ethics are for each of us to own ourselves. They only cause drama and BS. I know my bullet and the very low chances of a pass through at that impact velocity. Plus. The video shows the shot angle from a camera that is 30+ yards to the side of me. So things from the gun may have been different. The end.

Agreed. Bye troll.

BadDogPSD

Reaction score
Finally had a little time to watch the video. Great job with the video and the hunt!

Forum Sponsors