LRO's The Precision Hunter "Broken Bulls"

Justin Crossley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out this hunt with Ryan Furman as he looks through a pile of elk in search of a good bull.

RBanta66

Reaction score
Awesome hunt and what a great video! It really captured the terrain and the challenges you were having. I do have one observation as I did notice something right before the shot. Aren't you suppose to slow your breathing down?? It looked like yours started to exccelerate as you readied for your shot?? Did someone get excited? But in the end you made it happen with that one well placed bullet. Great hunt Ryan hope you have many more!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ShtrRdy

Reaction score
Great video guys! Was this the "Black Mountain Outfitters" in MT or in AZ?

Mikester1

Reaction score
Check out this hunt with Ryan Furman as he looks through a pile of elk in search of a good bull.

Just watched the video; Congrats on the nice bull. I was red flagged at the start of the video when I seen the box of Gunwerx 225gr ELD-M. You do realize they are target; not hunting bullets? The ELD-X would have dropped the bull in his tracks, LOL.

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Just watched the video; Congrats on the nice bull. I was red flagged at the start of the video when I seen the box of Gunwerx 225gr ELD-M. You do realize they are target; not hunting bullets? The ELD-X would have dropped the bull in his tracks, LOL.
Probably not a best first post. We don't know you. I hope you are joking.

Ladd

Reaction score
That was a good video. You sure made it look easy to lay the hammer on that bull with the 300 PRC. Late season hunting bulls can be pretty cold and it’s amazing how many broken bulls there are. They do that on purpose, I swear, so they may get passed over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
That was a good video. You sure made it look easy to lay the hammer on that bull with the 300 PRC. Late season hunting bulls can be pretty cold and it’s amazing how many broken bulls there are. They do that on purpose, I swear, so they may get passed over.

That's funny. We joked about it on the hunt. Yes, it was COLD.

Rjk300

Reaction score
Congrats on a successful hunt, these videos fit in perfectly on my lunch breaks. How did the batteries hold up in that cold on the video camera?

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on a successful hunt, these videos fit in perfectly on my lunch breaks. How did the batteries hold up in that cold on the video camera?

I did not pay attention. Dustin has several batteries for each camera used. He charged them every night.

Forum Sponsors