Let the wife have a turn

Okie man

Reaction score
So my beautiful wife has been eager to go shooting with me. she never fired a gun until a few months ago. i let her try my .22, 9mm and .45acp. She did great . Saturday we had a family gathering at the range. Our daughter, son in law and grand daughter joined us for some fun. I got to sit down and teach my grand daughter how to shoot her cute little savage 22 rifle. Gave my son in law some pistol shooting tips . My daughter loves shooting so she was having a great time.
Now here’s where things got interesting. my wife has been wanting too see what all my time working on loads and testing was about. So I set her up on a bench with my Mesa long range in 6.5 creedmoor. Showed how too get set up on the gun, how too work the rear bag with her left hand. I asked if she was ready for some ammo and said yes. Well I’ve created a monster. Not only did she enjoy it way too much, but she dropped some groups any experienced shooter would be happy with.
1630884982737.jpeg
1630885029861.jpeg
guess who is now wanting her own rifle?

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
very cool. My wife is a pretty good shot with our handguns, but has zero interest in any rifles. The closest that she gets to a rifle is the Remington 870 Tactical under the bed in a biometric safe. I just tell her if there is a question of someone being in the house….just rack it. And no doubt, that universal sound of fear and Oh S$&% will have the perp heading out like a white tailed deer……

Ladd

Reaction score
Very cool. The 6.5 Creedmoor in a heavy rifle like the mesa long range is a good starter rifle for many. Nice shooting...Okie Woman?

matt_3479

Reaction score
Haha congrats! That’s fantastic. My wife thank god enjoys it when I take out a few friends to shoot pistol or trap but doesn’t have an interest in the rifles, otherwise we would have to sell the house in order to build us both guns lol

Gillettehunter

Reaction score
Tell her good shooting. Christmas is coming....... Looks like she'll have more of an interest in this hobby.
Bruce

DerekS

Reaction score
Yup...made that mistake a few years ago. My wife killed a deer with my 300 WM. Now she thinks that's the only rifle she should shoot, or that can kill anything. She's also a fan of my 44 Mag Ruger Redhawk.

One of these days I want to build "her" a custom 6.5 PRC. I'll be the one developing the load and breaking it in of course😉

Okie man

Reaction score
Awesome! Was that at Atterbury?
Yeah. Having the little one with us I wanted to go there. Just a little safer and more organized than bass n bucks. Good news is the wife did such a good job as a test shooter, I have all the data I need for setting up my range card. Next up for her is stretching things out too 700 yards.

MPayne

Reaction score
Great shooting for anyone, love seeing women do anything to promote the out doors and guns!

Forum Sponsors