Leica Amplus 6 Rifles scope

Oklahunter

Reaction score
Why is their not much mention of these scopes? All you hear about are the Leica rangefinders. Is their a problem with their turrets,etc. some other issue?

Hectorso27

Reaction score
I was in the ELR , Never had a turret issue...But not the amplus or the fortis

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

FURMAN

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I will give a very candid response. There are a half a dozen proven scope manufactures that have already earned a reputation for working for the long range hunter. They have earned our trust. Leica is horrible at marketing and their arrogance is holding them back from making the scopes we want and putting them in the hands of those that can test them and let people know if they are a viable option. Nikon did this for years and look where they are now. If you are looking for a scope let us know your budget and needs and we will try to help. I would not be looking at Leica.

Oklahunter

Reaction score
I will give a very candid response. There are a half a dozen proven scope manufactures that have already earned a reputation for working for the long range hunter. They have earned our trust. Leica is horrible at marketing and their arrogance is holding them back from making the scopes we want and putting them in the hands of those that can test them and let people know if they are a viable option. Nikon did this for years and look where they are now. If you are looking for a scope let us know your budget and needs and we will try to help. I would not be looking at Leica.
Thank you for the honest response. Since no one had commented I figured something was up. I ordered the Zeiss V4 6x24x50. I just received it today. Thanks again!!

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.

This is spot on. For years when we attend the SHOT show, and other hunting or shooting trade shows we would always have a brief meeting with Leica. The results were always the same. They said they wanted to have us review product then when we follow up after the shows, they ghost us. After we realized the pattern, I simply have no more time to spend with them until something changes.

There are simply way too many other great options for this type of performance.

6.5x47

Reaction score
So, reading betwewen the lines or in other words, zero ideas if Leica (optics not their staff) makes good scopes or not, for our purposes. ....and that's ok. I just want to make sure the opositon is towards the staff and not the optic itself.

zr600

Reaction score
I have been very interested in this scope too. Also trijicon seems to have some good offerings too. Check out rockslide somebody had a review on the amplus 6. I think it would be a good scope myself. But I can’t tell you in the tracking of it.

shinbone

Reaction score
Leica is renowned for their horrible customer service. That right there takes them off of my list of options to consider.

Trollswatter

Reaction score
I have been very interested in this scope too. Also trijicon seems to have some good offerings too. Check out rockslide somebody had a review on the amplus 6. I think it would be a good scope myself. But I can’t tell you in the tracking of it.
I read somewhere (internet chatter) that the same company that makes reticles/turrets for Nightforce also makes them for Trijicon. Doe anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Forum Sponsors