Kowa TSN-884 Prominar

mabia

Reaction score
Has anyone used Kowa's TSN-884 Prominar spotting scope? I am in the market for a new spotting scope and was wondering if the Prominar was worth the money.

Thanks,
Randy

yobuck

Reaction score
In my opinion, formed as a result of comparing Kowa optics both with and without its not worth it.
On an average day its doubtfull youd see any difference at all.

Ryan Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know what you are comparing it to?? IMO it's great glass for the money.

mabia

Reaction score
I made the purchase this week and received on Tuesday from Eagle Optics. The clarity on this spotter is amazing. We can see much more detail at our 1200 yard target than we could with my Vortex Spotter. The field of view with the variable and the fixed 30X is also excellent.

This is certainly great glass for the money.

Randy

Clarktar

Reaction score
It is the only spotter I have owned, so I have no comparison to make, but I am happy with it (ignorance is bliss?).

I have heard really good things about the Wide angle eye piece. I have yet to look through it though. I would like to check it out sometime.

yobuck

Reaction score
That was a very good review. One thing hunters have to keep in mind in (my opinion) is how good it (needs) to be to suit our intended use.
Notice how he illuded to the waning hours of daylight in some of the evaluation on glass quality.
Well at least for me and the others i hunt with, were done hunting well before that happens.
Its rarly less than an hour for us to just get to an animal after its shot and in some cases its much longer.
The risk of injury is too great to be stumbling around on steep hillsides after dark.
So any benefit from the more expensive glass cant be appriciated for our use.

If the PA shoot comes off as is being talked about, i will god willing be there with numerous glass.
That will include the large Swaro spotters in a bracket as well as Kowas and a few others.
Also the Minox 15x and the Swaro 15x large hand glasses. I predict that viewers will be shocked by what
they see.

caleb

Reaction score
Clarktar,
If you ever get to coeur d alene let me know, i have the 884 with the new wa eyepiece. I have enjoyed it quite a bit over the 664 i had with the smaller eyepiece and minus the hd lenses in it.

caleb

Reaction score
Sold the 884 and now have the 773 will also have the 1.6 extender coming soon. Took it out today and like the size a bit more.

Captainemil

Reaction score
I think they are great, but with fog or heat waves there all hard to see with, On a good day I think the top end scopes all are nice, it's what you like and fits in your hands the best. I have a pair on Meopta 10x42, Leica 15x56 and the Kowa 884 and all glass is great would not change anything at all, but this is my opion.

Forum Sponsors