Kestrel 5700 gun profile upload issue

EdgeFan

Reaction score
Ive just downloaded firmware 1.44 on the kestrel 5700, all my profiles got wiped out on the unit. I tried sending all the profiles from my phone back to the unit but no joy!

I've taken the battery out of the unit and tried again, no go. Ive uninstalled the app and re-installed still nothing.

The phone and kestrel connect no problem but i keep getting the error message regardless if I append or overwrite.

Anyone have this happen and find a fix?

Thanks, Joel

C.O. Shooter

Reaction score
There was a YouTube video discussing this. I’ll try to find it!

EdgeFan

Reaction score
Not really, I did all that . The problem is the phone won't send or the Kestrel isn't allowing the profiles to be transfered back onto the Kestrel. All my profiles were saved as I've done with previous updates, but this is the first time it wont let me upload the gun profiles back on the unit.
The bluetooth is properly connected.

I tried it with my wife's phone now and its not working either. I'm hoping its a firmware issue....don't want to have to send this in.

C.O. Shooter

Reaction score
Give them a call. I am sure they will trouble shoot it for you!

Guy

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. The uploading just runs forever and no profiles are transferred to the unit. Hopefully someone has a smart solution

EdgeFan

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. The uploading just runs forever and no profiles are transferred to the unit. Hopefully someone has a smart solution
I'm gonna call Kestrel today and let you know. Is yours also with version 1.44? Let me know which phone youre using I'll run that by them too.

EdgeFan

Reaction score
DO NOT UPGRADE TO FIRMWARE 1.44 IF YOU'RE STILL ON 1.43!

Below is a reply from Kestrel themselves

Hello,
We apologize for the inconvenience. It would seem that our Firmware Update had a bug and is preventing profiles from being sent to the kestrel. Our engineer team is working on this since we have been notified we removed this update to prevent further confusion. I have added you to our contact list for us to reach out as soon as there is a fix available.
We appreciate your understanding.

EdgeFan

Reaction score
To get your Kestrel back to version 1.43 you need to send an email to Kestrel with the serial number of your unit and they will send you the files to go back to version 1.43

You will need a kestrel transfer cable or a kestrel USB Dongle to complete this with a laptop.

Forum Sponsors