Ivey adjustable scope mount

Dermastor

Reaction score
I have been looking at adjustable scope mounting systems. There are a few around with some having very mixed reviews. The one that I am most interested in given a Charlie TARAC is way outside my budget is the one piece Ivey in Mils. Finding out where these can be purchased is turning out to be a mission. Their website seems to be down. Are they still being sold? Any info and user feedback would be great.
Thanks Jeremy

Dermastor

Reaction score
Finding someone who has one of these is not easy. Its a big investment to make without any owner feedback.

Dermastor

Reaction score
Thanks Broz yes I have watched the video. I was interested in actual use in the field vs the unit in a vice. What were the real world application pros and cons. I would love a Charlie Tarac but financially it is not possible.

Rockyw

Reaction score
I just ordered an Ivey. I like the idea of keeping the reticle centered and making same adjustments with the scope. Once I get it I will do a tall target test to about 100 moa and post the results. I hope its as good as I hope.

RUM MAN

Reaction score
I picked up the Valdada 200 min.adj.base and it's Amazing ! Very repeatable so far . I have only taken it out to 3027 yards so far .
I cant get a picture to load .

Rum Man

RUM MAN

Reaction score
Opps I just seen this post is from 2018 . Ha ha

Rum Man

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Not sure what the goal is but ---- S&K mounts have tons of windage adjustment. As the rings float in the bases, you can shim or mill the base to add whatever elevation you need.

Shown her in my M54 7x61 S&H M54 Schultz and Larsen with a no internal adjustments BalVar 8. I lucked out and the elevation was perfect, just trial and error to get the windage.

The Ivey Mount, Cold Shot and some others are adjustable mounts used for ELR shooting where usually 150 moa of elevation is just the beginning. Here is my review to show you what the OP is talking about.

The Charlie Tarac by Tacom HQ is a para scope type device that uses mirrors to move the reflection of the target image adding elevation. It mounts in front of the scope. I have mine set at 125 moa and 250 moa. My 375 LRO can reach 5000 yards and beyond with this setup. With the 250, and the NF ATACR on my custom 75 moa base, I have 375 moa of elevation from my 100 yard zero.
CameraZOOM-20180428165135126.jpg

Charlie Tarac.

IMG_20180103_180755739.jpg

Quicksilver

Reaction score
I assume you seen our review? Ivey Scope Base

I still have mine but decided to go with the Charlie Tarac. Not because the Ivey had issues, because I preferred the Charlie design.

Jeff
Did you ever get to perform any testing with it on a rifle? If so any comment or review on that? I could get a pic rail with more cant made on my 338 Lapua but don’t have the clearance for it on my barrel. New base and rings and I’m looking at the same price as the Ivey.

Jasent

Reaction score
Macro Charlie is about same price as the Ivey and you won’t have to adjust your cheek riser

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Did you ever get to perform any testing with it on a rifle? If so any comment or review on that? I could get a pic rail with more cant made on my 338 Lapua but don’t have the clearance for it on my barrel. New base and rings and I’m looking at the same price as the Ivey.

I did, but not extensively. I tested it for function, tracking and returning to zero on a very accurate small caliber rifle for about 50 rounds. It worked very well and I had no issues.

Pbcarch

Reaction score
Hey QS....did you get the Ivey and how did you like it? I ordered one for my new build based upon good reports from someone that used it extensively.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Forum Sponsors