How About Some Up Close Elk Sounds to kick off the Season?

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
I shot this while trying to get in on the big bull that sounds like a Black Angus. I did get in the middle of him and his cows, but simply ran out of legal light. So I recorded what I was hearing. I was 26 yards from him. If this doesn't raise your pulse, I suggest you get a check up. ;)

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Experiences like that are why we hunt. Thank you for sharing Broz.
I have had that on my phone for over a year. The one I was after was one to behold. I had been after him for two years. I actually had about 3 minutes of legal light left, and I drew my bow. But it was to dark to insure a clean shot. I let the bow off and grabbed my phone. The thought of our motto " The hardest Part is Knowing When NOT To Shoot" Rang loud an clear. I have not seen that bull since that season. He has / had double 4ths on his left that were well over 24" and a right 3rd close to that length. I hope he returns this year. He would be a real hawg of a bull.

RUM MAN

Reaction score
Now that brings back memories!
Thanks for sharing Broz !

Rum Man

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
I shot this while trying to get in on the big bull that sounds like a Black Angus. I did get in the middle of him and his cows, but simply ran out of legal light. So I recorded what I was hearing. I was 26 yards from him. If this doesn't raise your pulse, I suggest you get a check up. ;)

Aaaannnddddd…….all the hairs on my arm and back of neck just went up. Got a couple of odd glances from the wife……

DEW

Reaction score
Great video Jeff. Without doubt that is the best sound of fall.

Forum Sponsors