Hello from Michigan

EE_Reloader

Reaction score
New member from Michigan. Got into precision reloading and long range shooting about 22 month ago. Excited to learn as much as possible and get better.

JJMonty

Reaction score
Welcome to a great group of shooters with a wealth of knowledge based on results not opinions or biases.

EE_Reloader

Reaction score
Thanks both of you. I am looking forward to going through and learning from as many people as possible.

RUM MAN

Reaction score
Welcome to LRO !
Lots of great info and tons of knowledge on here !
1000 yards range in Lake City if your looking for a Shooting range here .
Rum Man

EE_Reloader

Reaction score
Thanks @RUM MAN . I make it down to Youngs Long Shot in Wolcotville, Indiana to shoot. Became a member in May and have been steadily getting better. I need to learn a lot more about wind reading and ballistics to really go to the next level.

Jud96

Reaction score
Welcome! I live about 20 miles outside of Lansing. I moved up here last September. Let me know if you’re interested in meeting up and possibly shooting sometime.

Proud Vet

Reaction score
Welcome. You came to the right place.

Do you have a favorite cartridge? You can't say all of them....too easy.

EE_Reloader

Reaction score
Thanks @Spreedizzle .

@Proud Vet I'm mostly a late bloomer when it comes to gun ownership. I was too broke growing up to be able to afford much. Once I finished school and quit drinking I turned my attention to shooting and started my adventure into long range shooting by picking up a 6.5 Creedmoor in a Tikka CTR rifle. Then once I got a little more serious I picked up a 6.5 PRC. Lastly I picked up a rifle in 300 WM and would like to do a hunt out west in the next 3 to 4 years. For now I would have to say my favorite is the 6.5 PRC, although there are so many other calibers I would like to try.

Proud Vet

Reaction score
I hear you about the numerous calibers but at least you have 3 of some of the most popular
and proven in hand. The 6.5 PRC will be my next I imagine.

I would also like to get back out west for a hunt. Spent time there in the Air Force many years
ago and did get to hunt Mule deer. Had deer all around but no horns. Kinda why I would like
another chance.

Good luck and once again, welcome.

RUM MAN

Reaction score
Once the weather freezes things up I have a spot we could meet and shoot . Its only 1900 yards or so but should be fun anyway ! I'm going after the 2 mile in November out west !

Rum Man

EE_Reloader

Reaction score
@RUM MAN I laughed at the thought of you saying "only 1900" yards. That's almost twice as far as I have ever shot and over a mile. You must be a pretty seasoned vet in order to shoot out to 2 miles; impressive. I'm curious what you shoot out that far?

mullmann

Reaction score
Welcome. I’m from Troy originally and live in AZ now. I go back to Michigan almost every November for deer season. We hunt just outside Big Rapids. You definitely need to make it out west and experience different types of hunting.

RUM MAN

Reaction score
No a Vet but thanks to all for there Service!

I just had a quest after my Open Heart Surgery to go long ! I remember when 500 was like way to far ! Lol
Lots of trigger time and data work to get to my furthest of 1.72 miles !
I have a few 338 Edges running the 300 gr bergers! It's just a goal or a bucket list of mine to hit 2 miles ! Something my kids can tell stories about after I'm gone !

Rum Man

Gord0

Reaction score
Welcome, from another Michigan member. Northwest side of Grand Rapids here.

Forum Sponsors