Hawkins M5 BDL Bottom Metal Review

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool stuff! You can still run a 4" Wyatt's correct?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
It will work but as with the entire 4.0" magazine box setup it requires a gunsmith familiar with it. It will not just drop in. I always steer people away from 4.0"s unless you NEED one like with a RUM or 338 Lapua case.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Ryan, I have a CA MPR. Will this bottom metal work with my action if I decide to get a different (traditional style) stock? Are there any other components that I may need?

I like the option of using my mag if need be. This would give me the option of running both ways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan, I have a CA MPR. Will this bottom metal work with my action if I decide to get a different (traditional style) stock? Are there any other components that I may need?

I like the option of using my mag if need be. This would give me the option of running both ways.

It will work fine with the action you just need the appropriate stock. You would also need a magazine box, follower, and follower spring.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
It will work fine with the action you just need the appropriate stock. You would also need a magazine box, follower, and follower spring.
Ok great. I figured those were the components needed, but just wanted to make sure. I am really thinking about getting a different stock. This option has pushed me a little further forward in that direction.

Thanks for the feedback.

Forum Sponsors