Guess I am not alone after all. LR down!

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
If shooting from a bench with a brake I put the LR on the bench right next to the left side of my action out of the blast zone from the muzzle brake.

Mine even struggles to read a 6.5 Creed from the side position. I need to have it in front of the muzzle and 18" off center of barrel to get any consistent readings at all.

muleystalker

Reaction score
Mine even struggles to read a 6.5 Creed from the side position. I need to have it in front of the muzzle and 18" off center of barrel to get any consistent readings at all.
I feel for ya. Mine was a gift that I didn't know about so I figured I would keep it and try it. I had been looking at the LR for a long time and never pulled the trigger on one because of all the problems people had been having and reports of poor customer service. Theres too many reports of problems and bad service to discount them as a fluke and thats sad, I hope LR gets it together and fixes both these issues.

Yoteklr

Reaction score
They have no reason to fix anything because they have no competitors.

Broz

Reaction score
They have no reason to fix anything because they have no competitors.

^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^ I sent mine in and it came back stating there was no issues at all. So when it was still really having issues I figured what the heck and broke the seal and took it apart myself. I found a ribbon tape connector that the retaining latch was open and plug was all but falling off. I fixed that and it cured a lot of my initial problems. Now it just is not reliable to read every shot, but like I said it does get 80% or so now. Some days are better than others. Also you really have to like to push a lot of buttons to love the LR. :LOL: My conclusion after years of reading and being around dozens of them is, some are way better than others. Not all LR's are created equal.

Jeff

Ladd

Reaction score
I ordered one, should be here later this week. I know, but, I had to. I'm jumping into this good or bad so I can see this for myself.

Broz

Reaction score
I ordered one, should be here later this week. I know, but, I had to. I'm jumping into this good or bad so I can see this for myself.

I hope you get a good one. Mine is a few years old and I have owned more than one. Some are definitely better than others.

Ladd

Reaction score
I hope you get a good one. Mine is a few years old and I have owned more than one. Some are definitely better than others.
We'll see. I'll use it to work loads for my next two rifles then I'll have a better understanding.

ytsheephnter

Reaction score
I’ve had my LR since not long after they came out. Had issues with missed shots at first, but once I figured out it was mainly due to alignment it has been fairly reliable as long as I don’t forget to arm it. Also since I have been using the app it has been a breeze. I’ve shot everything from 338-378 to .223. With and without muzzle breaks.
Used it in rain, snow and shine from -20°to 80°.
I shot 35 rounds this weekend and only missed one shot...because I forgot to arm it.
I can’t compare it to the MS as I don’t own one...yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

338edge

Reaction score
I went back to the MS V-3. No stress just go and enjoy your hobby. I hated my LR for all the reasons stated above. I'm so happy now.

Magnett

Reaction score
Just in from Forum Accurate shooter:

F Class John
Defy Gear' over at Hide reported this about a new Caldwell product call the 'Velociradar' today. Thought it was worth reposting and could be a disrupter in the radar biz or at least get Labaradar to improve the various things we all complain about. I also posted the Natchez listing so it must be real.
1609633406166.png

Rich

Reaction score
I want the top end one. I think there are two models

on the road today, but will order tonight if there is one to order
Yeah two models. One 500ish and the other sub 300. Caldwell is often referred to as the harbor freight of the shooting world. I've always had pretty good luck with their stuff though. Same goes for frankford. Time will tell, but I have a dang good feeling about this one.

Ladd

Reaction score
I don’t see it available anywhere yet.

Rich

Reaction score
I don’t see it available anywhere yet.

No but it is coming soon. I'm going to call Caldwell first thing in the morning to see if there are any possibilities of preorders. If not when the first shipment is going to happen. I'll report back here in the morning

Rich

Reaction score
Talked with Caldwell this morning. Did not receive the best of news. No preorders, and the first round will not be shipping until late this year. That goes for both the base model and the Alpha.

Broz

Reaction score
Talked with Caldwell this morning. Did not receive the best of news. No preorders, and the first round will not be shipping until late this year. That goes for both the base model and the Alpha.

Thanks! Goes to figure. Well at least we know it is coming. Now if it will just work better than the LR's out there that have issues. And less button pushing would also be a plus for me.

Rich

Reaction score
Thanks! Goes to figure. Well at least we know it is coming. Now if it will just work better than the LR's out there that have issues. And less button pushing would also be a plus for me.
100% agree. The amount of configuring, positioning, and pointing that is needed makes we want to hit the dang thing with a bat. You get it all squared away perfectly positioned and configured and it reads 1 out of 3 shots....I just want something simply that I can setup next to the rifle that accurately tells me my muzzle velocity. I don't think we are asking too much.

EE_Reloader

Reaction score
Reading this thread makes me glad that my Labradar works well. Mine would miss shots and was frustrating at the beginning but then I bought an inertia sensor and that solved all of my problems. The only thing is that the inertia sensor will sometimes trigger on the cycling of the action. I just clear it and it works fine afterwards. The app is trash though and I have never used it.

Forum Sponsors