Garmin Fenix 5+ advice?

hereinaz

Reaction score
I picked up a Garmin Fenix 5+ at the reduced prices, figured I would give it a try. Any fitness apps you like to use more than others?

Any apps you like for hunting?

I did load up the one ballistic solver that is offered, looks like it will work for most hunting shots. Its pretty simple to use.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
What kind of fitness do like to do? Run, bike, swim?

I too was thinking about loading the ballistics solver onto mine. I have the Tactix Delta. They just came out with the Tactix Delta with Applied Ballistics. Wish they offered that when I bought mine.

Anyways, you will love yours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Brendan

Reaction score
Generally I just use the standard garmin fitness tracking apps on mine (Hiking, Walking, Running, Road/Mountain Biking), use it as a general fitness tracker and watch, and then it serves as backup GPS and watch for all my hunting trips.

At the end of the day, a watch screen is pretty tiny. It's good for being a watch, barometer / elevation, emergency GPS, but my phone still gets used for important stuff.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Generally I just use the standard garmin fitness tracking apps on mine (Hiking, Walking, Running, Road/Mountain Biking), use it as a general fitness tracker and watch, and then it serves as backup GPS and watch for all my hunting trips.

At the end of the day, a watch screen is pretty tiny. It's good for being a watch, barometer / elevation, emergency GPS, but my phone still gets used for important stuff.
I'll second this ^^^^^

The watch faces is where I have different options. I chose a watch face that gives me sunrise/sunset times and it also has "time till next event" or a count down, which is sunrise (after sunset) and switches to sunset (after sunrise). I like these fields the most during hunting season.

It also has steps, and other health related metrics.

waveslayer

Reaction score
I use mine to just track fitness overall and stick to professional apps for hunting like AB for ballistics.

Link it to Strava so you can show off to your friends.

Great watch to see how you are progressing, sleep, heart, stress levels etc.
I use mine for every sport, the weight lifting part I don't use though. Worked great for my last ski trip

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
I use mine to just track fitness overall and stick to professional apps for hunting like AB for ballistics.

Link it to Strava so you can show off to your friends.

Great watch to see how you are progressing, sleep, heart, stress levels etc.
I use mine for every sport, the weight lifting part I don't use though. Worked great for my last ski trip

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns
Yeah the weigh lifting app was little to be desired.

Garmin came out with a new unit that has AB installed on it.

Brendan

Reaction score
Yeah the weigh lifting app was little to be desired.

Last thing I need is it trying to tell me the number of reps or sets.

I do use it to time strength workouts though to keep myself on pace and not staring off into the distance instead of actually working out. I just page down to the timer screen, have been too lazy to try and remove the screens I don't use.

Forum Sponsors