Fierce Rival review

Ladd

Reaction score
Just joined LRO, I’ve been a fan for quite some time, and have learned a lot! How are the fierce rifles compared to Christiansen rifles? Would you pick one over the other? Also, do you have any plans for a video on load development for a specific rifle? I’ve watched your other load development videos probably 1/2 a dozen times, would be cool to see a specific rifle from start to finish. Great stuff Ryan! Thank you for educating!
Tough question and debatable but I think I would still go with a Christensen Arms Ridgeline or Traverse for the 26" barrel, depending on caliber. The Fierce Rival is close enough though and has a better stock, but a 2" shorter barrel in most cases.

Welcome to LRO btw.

S.mcvicker

Reaction score
I might have to give one of them a try one of these days! I’ve had 4 custom rifles built and from what I’ve seen, the Christiansen and fierce can hold their own.

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Just joined LRO, I’ve been a fan for quite some time, and have learned a lot! How are the fierce rifles compared to Christiansen rifles? Would you pick one over the other? Also, do you have any plans for a video on load development for a specific rifle? I’ve watched your other load development videos probably 1/2 a dozen times, would be cool to see a specific rifle from start to finish. Great stuff Ryan! Thank you for educating!
Both shoot extremely well and we have experienced great accuracy with both. I prefer the Rival stock. I personally would factor in a stock replacement with the CA but they are a great option and are slightly less money before a stock upgrade.

I will be starting some Vlog style videos soon and will be covering some things like start to finish load development using different methods. I will be starting with my dasher. I will also have one soon walking through tuning after barrel speed up.

Willidru

Reaction score
Does Fierce make their own stocks and carbon barrels?

6point5CM

Reaction score
Anyone know the distance between screw holes on the picatinny rail in the stock up front?

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
Does Fierce make their own stocks and carbon barrels?
I can not say for sure if they are made in house but they are Fierce products. The barrels are McGowen blanks.

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know the distance between screw holes on the picatinny rail in the stock up front?
I will measure it for you but it is embedded into the stock. It is not just a slap on like most out there.

6point5CM

Reaction score
I will measure it for you but it is embedded into the stock. It is not just a slap on like most out there.

Thanks. Is it actually bedded/bonded onto the stock as well or just the screws?

Trying to see if I can fit or mill a Spartan rail with Spartan Javelin adapter to fit in there as a replacement to factory rail. Don’t really want to drill a 3rd hole so was curious on spacing.

cc4b558a17cfe2efbb7b22b13bdf34b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishDeeper

Reaction score
Great review! just got my Carbon Rival in 300wm. On the Fierce FAQ page, they state the action screw torque is 53 inch pounds, but they dont say what model Fierce it applies to.
Can anyone confirm Action screw torque for the Carbon Rival?
Thanks in advance!

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
Great review! just got my Carbon Rival in 300wm. On the Fierce FAQ page, they state the action screw torque is 53 inch pounds, but they dont say what model Fierce it applies to.
Can anyone confirm Action screw torque for the Carbon Rival?
Thanks in advance!
53 is the Edge. I torque 700 clones to 65.

Axlepup85

Reaction score
Literally just picked up my carbon rival with a 26” barrel in 300 win mag yesterday. My question is i Noticed that in the review he had what looks like the atacr on it. I am very curious on how this light weight rifle feels with a heavier scope on it. I was going to go with the nxs 5.5 -22x 50 but wonder if its too heavy now.

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
Literally just picked up my carbon rival with a 26” barrel in 300 win mag yesterday. My question is i Noticed that in the review he had what looks like the atacr on it. I am very curious on how this light weight rifle feels with a heavier scope on it. I was going to go with the nxs 5.5 -22x 50 but wonder if its too heavy now.
It has a NX8 4-32 on it. It is just over 9lbs.

AXEFORCE6

Reaction score
My carbon rival in 300 PRC with a maven RS4 weighs 9.3 pounds.

catorres1

Reaction score
Between the steel and the carbon for hunting and other general use (like classes and just ringing steel), which would you choose?

mddat

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the rival 6.5 prc is built on a long or short action. I’ve inquired with Fierce but haven’t got a response. Wondering how it will do seating Berger 156 EOL’s

Ladd

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the rival 6.5 prc is built on a long or short action. I’ve inquired with Fierce but haven’t got a response. Wondering how it will do seating Berger 156 EOL’s
Short action confirmed.

I texted my buddy who works at Fierce and he said its a short action Remington footprint. My load for the 156 gr Berger in the 6.5 PRC was originally a single shot. But I had a Wyatt's 3.1" Baney Box installed in my short action Christensen Arms Ridgeline and it feeds from the box really well now.

Last edited:

hgbarrow

Reaction score
I already have a rival. Love the rifle. Yet I have never Shot a Gunwerks , How would the two rifles compare?

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
I already have a rival. Love the rifle. Yet I have never Shot a Gunwerks , How would the two rifles compare?
The Gunwerks rifles are better in every way. I like the GW stocks better. The GW action is overall nicer. I think the GW is a better out of the box solution. What I can't tell you is wether or not the GW is worth the price increase to you. The Rival is an amazing option for the price. The GW is the pinnacle of out of the box solutions with no rival(no pun intended).

hgbarrow

Reaction score
The Gunwerks rifles are better in every way. I like the GW stocks better. The GW action is overall nicer. I think the GW is a better out of the box solution. What I can't tell you is wether or not the GW is worth the price increase to you. The Rival is an amazing option for the price. The GW is the pinnacle of out of the box solutions with no rival(no pun intended).
i took a few days to think here. I do this alot. I should clarify as far as a hunting rifle and accuracy how they compare. i care about shooting an animal and it dies ! being pretty and such...secondary. So would I am getting to is shooting an elk to about 7-800 yards...are you comfortable with both? Do youi have confidence in a rival as much as gunwerks clymer. one day i will get the best. but with a daughters college and wedding ..i try to be practical. practical with good quality equipment. On another note i have a nightforce nx8 4-32 on order. what rings and height would recomend? I have stayed in the shadows here and really appreciate all everyone inputs on the forum. i hope to one day giving other help that you have shared here. so thank you

Josip89

Reaction score
Just to be clear Fierce rival (and reaper) have action with non integrated recoil lug?

Ecroofsalot

Reaction score
They were an option when the Rival was first released. Not now. I don't know why yet. The 26-inch barrel for my 300 win mag Rival should be in tomorrow. Fingers crossed they can get it ready and spin it on by the end of January.
Are you shooting 215 in the 300wm? Around 3.7 coal?

Last edited:

Elkalator

Reaction score
My son picked up a Carbon Rival in 28 Nosler and I have to say - with help from this forum - the rifle is set up and shoots better than expected. It easily meets the 1/2” guarantee. First venture in this “long range” shooting and this rifle has shot some great groups out to 900 yards. And to top it off he killed a bull with a single shot in Wyoming at 500 yards last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Sponsors