Don't know why But.

BillR

Reaction score
I don't know why but every time I see on one of the national new channels the story about the Coast Guard guy that was making plans to kill a bunch of politicians and that he had an arsenal of 50 YES 50 firearms and at least 1000 ROUNDS of ammunition I have to laugh.
No I don't condone shooting politicians although there are a few that could use a bit of shooting I do laugh about the number of guns and ALL THAT AMMUNITION.
I have friends that if you said you had 1000 rounds of ammunition they would ask if I had been sick and not able to reload or do I need a loan to bide me over until I got my numbers up again. Hell if your a Prairie dog shooter a 1000 rounds would be the first day and what are you going to do for the rest of the week. :D
Sorry if I have a weird sense of humor but I find that news line hilarious.

jmgardner

Reaction score
I don't know about humor, but I just find it odd that they call what I saw to be "15 firearms" an arsenal. especially considering they were cheapo guns. I probably only have about 20 firearms but very few cheapos. i would hardly call that an "arsenal". i also have friends that lost count after it broke triple digits. now you're talking. but "arsenal" for 15 guns is the media trying to use negative connotations and scare tactics.

BillR

Reaction score
I have a friend that had at one time over 400 Model 12 Winchesters. He was the third generation collector of them and inherited a good part of them. That wasn't counting the other guns he had. I did not call that an arsenal at all. He had no intention of shooting 99% of them. Just liked looking at them and researching them. A good part of them were factory engraved, rare, unusual models. Yup not an arsenal.

Forum Sponsors