Defiance Machine AnTi X Action Review

Ladd

Reaction score
Can’t wait to watch the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ytsheephnter

Reaction score
Very cool! Been drooling over them for some time.

Hopefully you see others going to the guaranteed headspace as well as the integrated split rail. The split rail is a must for me.

Derek

J2shooter

Reaction score
It's my next action for sure!

What finish is that on the action in the video?
Is it an option offered from defiance?

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
It's my next action for sure!

What finish is that on the action in the video?
Is it an option offered from defiance?
It is bead blasted stainless. I should have mentioned it in the video. It is not an option from Defiance. They offer polished stainless or Nitride. I hate shiny and did not want to wait for a nitrided.

Ladd

Reaction score
That looks like a very nice action. I had to choose between it and the Terminus Kratos Lite. Obviously you know what I went with. But this one is sure tempting for another in the future. I like all the features you mentioned in the video.

And...nice video again. LRO has been putting out some great videos the last several months and I can tell you’ve stepped up your game. Great job.

Precision77

Reaction score
Great video, much appreciated. Just wondering what stock options you have found work well with the AntiX. I’m in the process of building a 7Saum and my head is spinning with the amount of lightweight options. I have experience with Manners, McMillan as well as a Gunwerks in a Magnus but have been looking at going a bit lighter. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
Great video, much appreciated. Just wondering what stock options you have found work well with the AntiX. I’m in the process of building a 7Saum and my head is spinning with the amount of lightweight options. I have experience with Manners, McMillan as well as a Gunwerks in a Magnus but have been looking at going a bit lighter. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
My favorite stock is the non adjustable magnus. My second is the Clymr. My third is the Allterra carbon. The Allterra will be the lightest.

Precision77

Reaction score
I agree on the Magnus, it is my favourite of the bunch with the Manners being a close second. I will check the Gunwerks site to see if I can have a stock built for the AntiX. I would like to be able to go with prefit barrels as being in Canada really limits what we have access to so using a Gunwerks action creates some headache having to deal with gunsmiths on this side of the border.

kmac85

Reaction score
Working on a similar build with the AnTi X action... going with the Nx8 2.5-20 as well, What hight rings did you use?

Precision77

Reaction score
I haven’t grabbed rings yet and I will be running a March 2.5-25 so it’s a little shorter and only 44mm objective. Most likely low, medium the most.

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
I would go with 1.0s to be safe. With the March you might get away with .885s. March makes a 42mm and a 52.

MattyG

Reaction score
Ryan, what barrel are you using on those rifles? CA?

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
My three barrels with the Defiance threads are all Christensens.

Precision77

Reaction score
Correct 42, thank you. I gave up extra light transmission for a few more ounces. Hope it was the right choice. I have 2 5-40’s and they are exceptional, easily compatible to the ATACR’s, perhaps better.

Hunt West

Reaction score
I May have missed it but I’d also mention the integral recoil lug.

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
I May have missed it but I’d also mention the integral recoil lug.

I did not mention it. I have started taking them for granted as I would not use and action without one. Thanks for pointing that out!

Sod Farmer

Reaction score
Ryan -
Thanks for the review! I ordered a custom rifle with the AnTi action a couple months ago. I researched as much as I could find at the time and placed my order. The advantages of the light weight are obvious, but your coverage of the feel of the bolt confirmed what I had suspected. Thanks again for taking the time for the review.

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan -
Thanks for the review! I ordered a custom rifle with the AnTi action a couple months ago. I researched as much as I could find at the time and placed my order. The advantages of the light weight are obvious, but your coverage of the feel of the bolt confirmed what I had suspected. Thanks again for taking the time for the review.
I wanted to love it but I just can't get there. I love lightweight for most of my hunts but in this case for me the GA hunter is worth the weight. I would like to shoot an ultralight. It may be a great compromise. I have had my hands on one but you really need to shoot it to get a real "feel".

Precision77

Reaction score
I was just going to ask if the difference in ounces was worth the benefit of feel and you’ve answered that, thank you. I may now be swayed back to a Fuzion Ti where I get a full feel as well as the weight savings. I will only be running a 7 Saum and am normally running well under max pressure so Ti should not be an issue.

hugheserj

Reaction score
Thanks Ryan for a great review. I have a 30 Nosler being built at the moment with a Defiance Ruckus Ultralight action. The AnTi X wasn't released when I ordered my action but I think it would be a strong contender for any future build!

thawley79

Reaction score
This is an awesome review. I have been considering a very similar build. questions.

1: Will this action drop into the Gunwerks Clymr or Magnus stocks?
2: Does anyone have any knowledge of or experience with Hells Canyon Armory Carbon wrapped barrels?
3: You mentioned a Christensen barrel. Can you get a pre-fit Christensen for this action?

Thanks for the info!

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
This is an awesome review. I have been considering a very similar build. questions.

1: Will this action drop into the Gunwerks Clymr or Magnus stocks?
2: Does anyone have any knowledge of or experience with Hells Canyon Armory Carbon wrapped barrels?
3: You mentioned a Christensen barrel. Can you get a pre-fit Christensen for this action?

Thanks for the info!

1)Gunwerks inlets for Defiance. You would need to call Defiance to see which port matches.
2)I have shot two HCA barrels. Both shot very well. I still have one.
3)Dan's Custom Gun Service chambered my CA barrels.

thawley79

Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks for all the info! So is Christensen your barrel of choice? Or do you have a barrel that you always use or recommend over another?

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
We have had great accuracy out of CA barrels. We have had great accuracy with Carbon Six.

DreaminofMT6X6s

Reaction score
I did not mention it. I have started taking them for granted as I would not use and action without one. Thanks for pointing that out!

So why the integral recoil lug preference? You like the Fierce Rival and everyone on here loves CA and neither have an integral recoil lug. Can you actual the feel the difference when firing or do you think it's accuracy related?

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
So why the integral recoil lug preference? You like the Fierce Rival and everyone on here loves CA and neither have an integral recoil lug. Can you actual the feel the difference when firing or do you think it's accuracy related?
Integral recoil lugs offer a few very desirable traits. For one when changing a barrel you don't have to pin the recoil lug, or worry about alignment fitting perfectly back into your bedded lug area of the stock. Another would be an integral lug area of the action can be threaded to offer more barrel threads to the tenon and it now becomes more than just an alignment lug. With the growing popularity of "Pre Fit" barrels, these can be very desirable options.

thawley79

Reaction score
I know not being a gun smith, and starting to put the pieces of a 1st time custom home build together, the fewer “parts” the better. Also, a pre-fit barrel is the way I will go so an integral recoil lug and guaranteed head space are vital for me. Also just seems like one less part to fail and a unibody more rigid overall structure seems like a great benefit as well.

Rifleman97

Reaction score
I wanted to love it but I just can't get there. I love lightweight for most of my hunts but in this case for me the GA hunter is worth the weight. I would like to shoot an ultralight. It may be a great compromise. I have had my hands on one but you really need to shoot it to get a real "feel".
That settled it for me. I was on the fence between the GA Hunter and the AnTi x, but the AnTi didn’t have an option for a 3 position safety. It’s not a big deal (hence why I was on the fence) but that’s my safety of choice from all my years with an M70. Plus the actions with those come with a triggertech trigger pre timed. I liked the AnTi for its guaranteed headspace, but since I’m going to have to send the action in to either Defensive Edge or Allen Precision rifles to get the barrel fitted/chambered anyways, I might as well get the better feeling action.

Still haven’t decided if I’m going 300 terminator or 300 Allen xpress (hence Shawn or Kirby, undecided) but either way I’m pretty excited. I wouldn’t mind some input swaying me one way or another however on which version of 300-338 lapua improved I should get.

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
The terminator outruns the am from all data I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum Sponsors