Cutting Edge Lazer vs Badlands Precision Bulldozer

Josip89

Reaction score
Hello

I need some advice.
I have 300 Win Mag 26" long and 10" twist.
I am watching 180gr Lazzer and 196gr or 180gr Buldozer

I am limited by twist so I am not sure even if 196gr is option.
I would like to hear if somebody have expirence with both bullet or at least Cutting Edge Lazer vs Badlands Precision Bulldozer.

My rifle set up is for long range hunting.

Thanks

FURMAN

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I have zero experience with the Bulldozers and very little personal experience with the CEB but I like what I have seen from the CEBs. I would expect the CEBs of different weights and calibers to perform very similar.

SierraJoe

Reaction score
I have been using the CEB 180 Lazer Max in my 30-06 Sprg. for a while. It's terminal performance has been very good on several wild pigs I have harvested (sorry, don't have pictures) inside of 400 yards. I have struggled to get great accuracy on a consistent basis from them, however. Typically I can get just under an MOA, but I really struggle to get down to a consistent half MOA. I am newer to reloading so I am sure I am a factor there.

I have shot several other CEB bullets in other 30 cal cartridges and have had better luck with accuracy. I have the 150 MTH shooting 1/2 to 1/4 MOA from my .308 Win. The Hogden Extreme powders have shot more consistently with regards to velocity and accuracy versus the Vihtavuori N500 series powders I have tried. Not knocking VV, just a trend I have noticed with a couple of my rifles and CEB bullet combinations.

I have no experience with Badlands bullets.

I hope this helps,
Joe

Aoudadshooter1975

Reaction score
I have shot both, but only killed with the CEB. I will say on the bulldozers if they say you need a 1-8....you need a 1-8... I have a 1-9.5 twist in my 338 Norma and cannot shoot their 275 S bulldozer--e 250s are dead accurate. I prefer speed to over all BC. I will shoot the 225 this next season and report. Think I can get the 225s going a bit over 3100 fps...make it fast and flat...with a .665 BC--the best of both worlds.

Forum Sponsors