Cutting Edge 155 MTH load data

Tim Evenson

Reaction score
I’m looking to start work up with this bullet in my 7mm Rem mag. I want to use Reloder 26 as that’s what I have the most of. I have data from Hornady and Berger bullets from 162 grains and up. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this bullet/powder combo or any data on the bullet itself. Does it build a lot of pressure or can I expect to be able to run it pretty hard? Thanks in advance

Dirtrax

Reaction score
It will build pressure but likely not an inordinate amount, “run hard” is a relative term, and I’m sorry but I don’t have any practical experience with this bullet. I would advise you to contact Cutting Edge for advice.

Tim Evenson

Reaction score
It will build pressure but likely not an inordinate amount, “run hard” is a relative term, and I’m sorry but I don’t have any practical experience with this bullet. I would advise you to contact Cutting Edge for advice.
They sent me some load data but there was no RL26 on that list. And the data was for the 145 Lazer but I changed my mind on bullet choice to the 155 MTH. They were able to achieve 3,163 FPS with N560 and the 145. I’m hoping to get out this weekend and do some velocity/pressure testing. I’ll report my findings if I’m able to get around to it. Thanks for the response though

SierraJoe

Reaction score
I used 3 different CEB bullets (Lazer, MTH & ER Raptor) in 30 caliber with a couple different VV powders. I did not have good consistency with accuracy or velocity in my rifles using N540 and N560. I switched to Hodgdon extreme powders and both improved. I did find accuracy was very sensitive to bullet jump. The Lazer likes .005” jump in my 30-06 Ridgeline and the MTH likes .070” jump in my Remington SPS .308. I know that these are not your bullets/calibers, but I think it may help you plan your load development. Please let us know how it goes.

Joe

Forum Sponsors