CPAP While Camping

brotherbear67

Reaction score
I am looking for a recommendation on battery power for a CPAP while out camping. Anyone have experience with this or are guys simply running off a generator? Im currently looking at the Goal Zero Yeti 1000.

Last edited:

2five7

Reaction score
We have a few guys each year in our camp bring them, we have used a deep cycle RV battery with good results, every few nights it needs a recharge so we just run an inverter generator overnight, in conjunction with the battery, to top if off again.

brotherbear67

Reaction score
We have a few guys each year in our camp bring them, we have used a deep cycle RV battery with good results, every few nights it needs a recharge so we just run an inverter generator overnight, in conjunction with the battery, to top if off again.

Thanks man, rigged up a deep cycle with an inverter today, looks like itll work just fine, thanks again

benchmstr

Reaction score
Man, this is not healthy at all...but I take bronkaid with me and leave the CPAP at home.

the bronkaid had a good amount of ephedrine in it and allows me to breath at night...and i get back on the CPAP when i get home.

DO NOT BE LIKE ME! LOL

bench

Jim Bradbury

Reaction score
I have a Small Honda 2000 Generator that we take. Start it up as we are turning in. Generally runs all night . If not it is time to get up anyway when it runs out of gas early the next morning. I am the designated camp cook, so I get up get the coffee on and then breakfast going.

adam32

Reaction score
There's no way I could ever sleep with a generator running all night!!! Even an inverter style is too loud.

You guys must either be deaf or drink a lot more whiskey than me...lol

brotherbear67

Reaction score
I have a Small Honda 2000 Generator that we take. Start it up as we are turning in. Generally runs all night . If not it is time to get up anyway when it runs out of gas early the next morning. I am the designated camp cook, so I get up get the coffee on and then breakfast going.

I’m running same set up. Tried deep cycle batteries with an inverter, get a night and a half outta one charged battery. Still need gen so scrapped extra bs and just running gen every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brotherbear67

Reaction score
There's no way I could ever sleep with a generator running all night!!! Even an inverter style is too loud.

No whisky and not deaf. Not a matter of if I want to run a gen. It’s a matter if I want to sleep at night and not suck the next day. When I have other guys at camp I set gen 75’ away. Otherwise no one will get any sleep as I snore loud enough to wake the dead.

Jim Bradbury

Reaction score
I have not drank in over 22 years. Working construction all of my life, I think the constant drone of the generator puts me to sleep. LOL

Cjl2010

Reaction score
Seems a lot of you experienced guys quit drinking. Might be something to that! I’m 28 and enjoy my own tent because I snore awfully bad! Hope I don’t have to go down the mask route.

brotherbear67

Reaction score
Seems a lot of you experienced guys quit drinking. Might be something to that! I’m 28 and enjoy my own tent because I snore awfully bad! Hope I don’t have to go down the mask route.

The CPAP isn’t that bad, I wish I’d have done it back when I was 28. I noticed a definite increase in energy and decrease in afternoon / early evening crash w/in a week of regular use. Well worth it.

FaithKelly

Reaction score
But I am thinking about to buy led lanterns for my camping this summer. I think that this is the most simple and easiest way to get light in camping. When I organized camping at the first time I took the candles and small flashlights. It was super uncomfortable and not usable in the forest. Then I tried to find wireless lanterns with a good battery. Many lanterns that I bought has the small batteries and durability was short. After a long search and many purchases I found the ideal outdoor portable lanterns for camping. These are the led lanterns Vont that I bought from amazon. They are super bright, long lasting, compact and very durable.

Last edited:

muleystalker

Reaction score

LOL. I have a good buddy i hunt with ,we have been friends for 40 years since junior high, the first time I brought my CPAP hunting with him I apologized up front for the noise. I told him its either the CPAP machine noise or my awful gasping for air every 30 seconds. I had taken my old CPAP that ran full power and didn't auto adjust because I didn't want anything to happen to my new one because I cannot sleep with out one. The old one is so powerful if you open your mouth while wearing it it sounds like you have a shopvac on,lol. I was kind of feeling bad for my buddy the first night. The second night we were getting ready to turn in and I decided to go out in the creek and wash up. The i came into the tent my buddy ask me if I was going to bed soon and I said in a bit, he asked me If there was anyway I could turn my CPAP machine on, I ask what? He said the night before was the best night sleep he's had in 20 years, he said the noise of my machine put him right to sleep. When we got home he asks if I would record a night of my CPAP running and he now plays it at night when he sleeps, kind of like one of those wave machines.LOL

FEENIX

Reaction score
I stopped using my CPAP machine since 2008 and went with a dental device. It is "not" for everybody but it works for "me".

Dental device 1 of 3.jpg Dental device 2 of 3.jpg Dental device 3 of 3.jpg

Shooter264

Reaction score
I don’t know how old you are but I just had the surgery when I was 30 because I didn’t want to be tied to a machine in the hills. It was a complete success and life has been great for the last 12 years since leaving sleep apnea behind

muleystalker

Reaction score

muleystalker

Reaction score
I don’t know how old you are but I just had the surgery when I was 30 because I didn’t want to be tied to a machine in the hills. It was a complete success and life has been great for the last 12 years since leaving sleep apnea behind
What surgery did you have?

FEENIX

Reaction score
Do you know what pressure setting/perscription your Dr. gave you for your CPAP? I am at 20 the highest setting the machines will go so I am thinking I may not be a candidate for the mouth piece.

Sorry, I do not remember but I was not near the maxed setting. That's a good point, but it never hurts for an actual test/consult. Not sure if there are advancements since then.

I am sort of a weird duck of a patient. Not sure about you but I used to get a weekly questionnaire and none of the applied to me. Questions such as ...

- Are you sleeping longer? No, my sleeping habit (3-4 hours/night) never changed.
- Are you well-rested? Same as prior to CPAP.
- How is your stress level? Same as prior to CPAP. Earlier this year I got tested for stress related to the amount of my sleep per my primary care doctor. The closest they can attribute is my caffeine intake. I told them I can drink a cup of strong coffee before going to bed without any problem. The doc then concluded it is my normal Circadian Rhythm. :cool:

Good luck!

Ed

Shooter264

Reaction score
What surgery did you have?
I had my tonsils removed along w my Uvula (hangy down thing in the back of your throat) as well as about an inch of my soft pallet removed. Doc told me it had a 50% chance of curing it but I figured that was better than 100% needing a machine. It worked phenomenally.

Forum Sponsors