Can’t post pictures

XTREMHTR16

Reaction score
So I Tried to post a picture of a rifle. Picture file size is only 2.6 MB. I get an error message that says ”the uploaded file is too large” to attach to my post. What is the file size limit?

RUM MAN

Reaction score
I feel your pain also . I have tryed to get through the info to post a picture on here several times ...I finnaly just give up .
I just Express myself with words on here now . I would spend more time on here if I could post a picture that's for sure .
I'm just not a Computer savvy type guy !

Rum Man

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
I feel your pain also . I have tryed to get through the info to post a picture on here several times ...I finnaly just give up .
I just Express myself with words on here now . I would spend more time on here if I could post a picture that's for sure .
I'm just not a Computer savvy type guy !

Rum Man
If you’re an iPhone guy…..here is a work around.
Select your pictures and email to yourself.
When you hit send, it will ask you the size.
Choose Medium or Large.
Save these pictures, and then upload on your post.
Hassle….yes….but works every time.

RUM MAN

Reaction score
Thanks ! But I have a Android phone .
I guess it's time to get my youngest to help me out with the pictures !

Thanks again!

Rum Man

Ladd

Reaction score
Posting pics is super easy just using your phone. I use an iPhone. My friend uses an android and always says how much better his is. There must be a way.

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
It is my understanding that as the cell phone camera's progress into higher resolution the files sizes get larger. Hosting HUGE files eats up space and band width. This is why there is a file size limit. I think the new I phones have a photo resizer built in, but android not yet. However there are many available photo resizing apps out there for us android users. I post all my photos from a laptop so resizing is easy and quick. If I wanted to use my phone more I would down load a resize app.

If it is tap-a-talk that is giving you issues, please do not blame us. I have thought many times about getting rid of tap-a-talk all together. It is way more trouble that it is worth, and they have many issues that many blame us for. So try coming on here using Chrome, it works well for me.

Are some of you suggesting that you don't have this picture posting issue when on other sites? So these sites allow photos of 2 MB and larger? I find that hard to believe, if true, then I am missing something and need to research this.

Ladd

Reaction score
No Tapatalk here. Done got rid of it about a year ago. Yes! So you’re saying iPhones are better? I’m telling my friend. I’ve never posted pics from my laptop. Maybe I should try that sometime.

Broz

Reaction score
No Tapatalk here. Done got rid of it about a year ago. Yes! So you’re saying iPhones are better? I’m telling my friend. I’ve never posted pics from my laptop. Maybe I should try that sometime.
I am not a phone geek, and I would never say an I Phone is "Better" I can't afford to buy a new $1000+ phone each year. A $400 droid every 4 to 5 years is bad enough. Once I get use to something and it's functions I would much prefer to just use it as long as possible. They already do way more than I wish they did.

Off the lap top when I open a pictures at the top I can click "edit" then resize. I just did this one and sized it to "Document-Large" It is now sized to 1024 x 768 pixels or 223 KB. So that may give you some idea of how large a 2.6 MB photo actually is. IMG_20180926_192019708_HDR.jpg

Ladd

Reaction score
Well that was easy. I opened the pic and hit right click which opened a window with options, one was "resize". I clicked that and hit "best for emails 2 MP" and it resized the pic from 17 MB to 489 KB and 1772 x 1182. I saved it on my desktop to make it easy to find and insert.

Last edited:

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
I am not a phone geek, and I would never say an I Phone is "Better" I can't afford to buy a new $1000+ phone each year. A $400 droid every 4 to 5 years is bad enough. Once I get use to something and it's functions I would much prefer to just use it as long as possible. They already do way more than I wish they did.

Off the lap top when I open a pictures at the top I can click "edit" then resize. I just did this one and sized it to "Document-Large" It is now sized to 1024 x 768 pixels or 223 KB. So that may give you some idea of how large a 2.6 MB photo actually is. View attachment 9477

Can’t afford a $1k phone every year, but build awesome new rifles each year?

Just giving you shit Jeff! No malice intended here. Just poking a little fun on this fine Friday.

***Add to edit - I am just like you and keep my phones for a very long time. Getting a new phone each year or ever other year at the prices they cost is crazy to me. I don’t care to keep up with the “phone Jones’”.

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
Can’t afford a $1k phone every year, but build awesome new rifles each year?

Just giving you shit Jeff! No malice intended here. Just poking a little fun on this fine Friday.

***Add to edit - I am just like you and keep my phones for a very long time. Getting a new phone each year or ever other year at the prices they cost is crazy to me. I don’t care to keep up with the “phone Jones’”.
Sounds to me like a very smart and pragmatic man. ;)

I'll squeeze every last drop of toothpaste out of every tube that I use.....because one day, that savings will add up to another rifle.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
It is my understanding that as the cell phone camera's progress into higher resolution the files sizes get larger. Hosting HUGE files eats up space and band width. This is why there is a file size limit. I think the new I phones have a photo resizer built in, but android not yet. However there are many available photo resizing apps out there for us android users. I post all my photos from a laptop so resizing is easy and quick. If I wanted to use my phone more I would down load a resize app.

If it is tap-a-talk that is giving you issues, please do not blame us. I have thought many times about getting rid of tap-a-talk all together. It is way more trouble that it is worth, and they have many issues that many blame us for. So try coming on here using Chrome, it works well for me.

Are some of you suggesting that you don't have this picture posting issue when on other sites? So these sites allow photos of 2 MB and larger? I find that hard to believe, if true, then I am missing something and need to research this.

I know I am not going to be very popular here with this post. But I use Tap-a-Talk and have zero problems with it.

For reference I have and Android personal phone, and an iPhone work phone (yes it sucks to carry two phones, but I do it for reasons that we don’t need to get into in this thread). I post on LRO through tap-a-talk through both phones. I’ve never had a problem posting (pics)with either phone. Each phone asks if you want to use original size or use different selected size. Easy peasy.

Tap-a-talk is easy and nice for me to use. I love it. I don’t need to use a browser and in my personal opinion it’s much easier for me. I can stay under the “Unread” section and keep up to speed on everything going on in LRO.

The negative side of using tap-a-talk is the lack of LRO SPONSORED adds, and getting the damn annoying adds with sound that tap-a-talk has constantly.
I understand that the LRO sponsors are VERY important to keeping this site alive and well. With that said. If the owners and moderators decide to drop tap-a-talk, I totally understand and will conform to the new standards.

[mention]Broz [/mention] is it at all possible to create an LRO specific app? I have zero idea on any of that or the challenges involved, but if it’s possible, this would be a great way to help streamline and support our sponsors.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
It's all about priorities friends. LOL My daily driver is a 2002 Chevy 1/2 ton with 200K miles. One easy $5K payment 4 or 5 years ago and I think she has about 10 more years in her. ;-)

Lol! Same here with my vehicles! We are alike in similar ways. I was just poking fun. I agree with priorities. That’s why almost every extra dime has went to this long range addiction instead of other items that would be nice to upgrade. Not needed. So I funnel the resources to my new found hobby.

Diverjeff

Reaction score
It's all about priorities friends. LOL My daily driver is a 2002 Chevy 1/2 ton with 200K miles. One easy $5K payment 4 or 5 years ago and I think she has about 10 more years in her. ;-)
Same here,I figure I've spent around $35,000 total on guns and reloading equipment over the last 2 years(or since I joined this site)and my daily driver is a '92 Jeep Wrangler I've had for 22 years and still put at least 300+ miles on it per week(original motor and trans. finally crapped out at 287,000 miles 3 years ago so I threw in a remanufactured engine and trans. from Napa and it's still going strong at 344,000 miles now).As for a phone,I hate the damned things and don't want to be bothered but since my boss wants me to carry one for work he gave me one of his old iphones(a 6 or 7)that's been through about 4 different owners,the last being a commercial weed grower and I still get texts weekly from his his old contacts wanting to sell or buy weed or clones...my average daily usage is 2 minutes.:D

Broz

Reaction score
I was not telling a fib when I said Tap-a-talk was not worth the trouble. I have spent time and money on this end with it's issues over the years. Use of a browser seems simple to me. I do it all the time on my android. I would much prefer to see industry sponsor ads that support my passion than what Tap-a-talk was trying to force me to watch. But to each their own. We will support it until we no longer can. I made the decision to make LRO tap-a-talk compatible years ago. At the time it seemed like a wise decision. Today not so much.

Jasent

Reaction score
Sometimes I can screen shot the pics and that often makes them small enough

Ladd

Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky or spoiled. My firm pays for my cell phone with a new one every 2-years. That's 4-figures every month for us but its the price of doing business in this century.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
I was not telling a fib when I said Tap-a-talk was not worth the trouble. I have spent time and money on this end with it's issues over the years. Use of a browser seems simple to me. I do it all the time on my android. I would much prefer to see industry sponsor ads that support my passion than what Tap-a-talk was trying to force me to watch. But to each their own. We will support it until we no longer can. I made the decision to make LRO tap-a-talk compatible years ago. At the time it seemed like a wise decision. Today not so much.
I agree with your comment on the adds. That could be a whole other thread.

Whatever the decision is made to do I will support for the reasons you mentioned.

XTREMHTR16

Reaction score
Thanks, I just try to attach from my iPad or iPhone. I’ll have to try to resize somehow.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Thanks, I just try to attach from my iPad or iPhone. I’ll have to try to resize somehow.
Both of my phones give me the option on which size I can send. The Tap-a-Talk "VIP" option will let you attach actual size. I do not pay for that, so I only have "medium" and "small" option.

DerekS

Reaction score
I have to switch my HDR off everytime I take a photo to even have a chance at uploading. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Tried emailing to myself and resizing on computer, but that route did not work for me.

I have an Android phone....the original Google Pixel

XTREMHTR16

Reaction score
Both of my phones give me the option on which size I can send. The Tap-a-Talk "VIP" option will let you attach actual size. I do not pay for that, so I only have "medium" and "small" option.
Thanks, I don’t use Tapatalk

Forum Sponsors