CA MPR stock swap

Kbuc

Reaction score
I’m thinking of switching my MPR stock to a standard rifle stock.
If my research is correct, I’d need to get action screws, mag box and bottom plate also to make the switch complete. Correct?
or in other words, changing an MPR to a Ridgeline.

Cory51

Reaction score
You are exactly right on what you would need. The action is a standard 700 clone. What are your plans for the MPR chassis?

Kbuc

Reaction score
Haven’t decided yet. I was first thinking of selling it, but I may keep it for long range target practice and switch during hunting season.

Cory51

Reaction score
I would be interested if you do decide to sell it. I recently looked at swapping a MPR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Ridgeline 6.5 PRC. I would have needed a new magazine box, and to open up the barrel channel on the Ridgeline stock. The only thing I would have need for the MPR is a new 6.5 PRC magazine. In the end I decided not to do it, and just sell the PRC Ridgeline.

Kbuc

Reaction score
I would be interested if you do decide to sell it. I recently looked at swapping a MPR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Ridgeline 6.5 PRC. I would have needed a new magazine box, and to open up the barrel channel on the Ridgeline stock. The only thing I would have need for the MPR is a new 6.5 PRC magazine. In the end I decided not to do it, and just sell the PRC Ridgeline.
I‘ll let you know if I decide to sell it.

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
I just ordered a McMillan stock for my MPR as well just so you know the MPR barrel contour is larger than the Ridgeline

Kbuc

Reaction score
I just ordered a McMillan stock for my MPR as well just so you know the MPR barrel contour is larger than the Ridgeline
Seriously?
Well that’s good to know. Did McMillan have that contour in their database? Or did you have to supply that info?

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously?
Well that’s good to know. Did McMillan have that contour in their database? Or did you have to supply that info?
They have that info

Daniel

Vice President
Staff member
Reaction score
Long action. The Game Warden 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Long action. The Game Warden 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Dan. Keep us updated on the progress on fit and finish when you get it. I would like to do this eventually. Curious to see how long it goes.

Forum Sponsors