Bino chest harness decision...

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
I use a Marsupial gear bino harness and like it because it holds everything tight to my body, no flopping around.

Honestly my choice was between the Marsupial and the Kuiu. Went with the Kuiu because I liked how it opened and closed. Plus the camo pattern. I went with the Vias pattern, as it is the closest I could find to match my Predator Fall Grey clothing pattern.

This is my first ever Kuiu branded item. So I don’t know or have a bias towards any brand. These were just some of the things I liked about them over the Marsupial.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Received my harness today! Day early. Gotta say I think I'm gonna love having one. Did as much as I could this afternoon while wearing it. Shot my bow, and dry fired at some does in the field with my rifle while wearing it. For me personally, it doesn't work laying prone. I had to take it off. I was a little worried of having it interfere with shooting the bow, but it was not in the way at all.

The range finder pouch was right at the limits for fitting my Kilo 2200BDX. It's stretching it pretty good. It fits, but if it was any smaller, it would not.

There is also some extra room in the pouch (on the sides, while set to my eye space) with my Maven C3 12x50. I thought for a little bit that maybe I should have went with the large instead of XL. I have all three extra padded inserts at the bottom as well. But there isn't any movement or jostling up and down or side to side. I ran and jumped up and down and they were solid.

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
I’ve
Received my harness today! Day early. Gotta say I think I'm gonna love having one. Did as much as I could this afternoon while wearing it. Shot my bow, and dry fired at some does in the field with my rifle while wearing it. For me personally, it doesn't work laying prone. I had to take it off. I was a little worried of having it interfere with shooting the bow, but it was not in the way at all.

The range finder pouch was right at the limits for fitting my Kilo 2200BDX. It's stretching it pretty good. It fits, but if it was any smaller, it would not.

There is also some extra room in the pouch (on the sides, while set to my eye space) with my Maven C3 12x50. I thought for a little bit that maybe I should have went with the large instead of XL. I have all three extra padded inserts at the bottom as well. But there isn't any movement or jostling up and down or side to side. I ran and jumped up and down and they were solid.
been following along. Wanting a new harness for a set of 9x45 maven b2 that the wife will wear. I want to order the large and think I might. The b2 aren’t much bigger then yours. They fit in my medium fhf harness. Just tight which is ok. I love the fhf harness. Have 3 of them but want a lid that opens away. Would be a marsupial but the magnets are a absolute deal breaker for us.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Do you run yours with the eye piece adjusted out? The reason I ask is because I run my out. If you do, and with your b2's being slightly bigger than mine, I would consider getting the XL. If you prefer your pouch to be tight with your binos riding inside, then you may go with the large size.

I will try to post some pics here in a little bit of them sitting inside.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Here are some pics. I took some with them spread all the way out. As well as set to my eye width.

Keep in mind I have all 3 padded inserts at the bottom. So maybe you would be good with the large size.
a9f38366df0c3a0d8c615c774ea26523.jpg
7ade2a76605695b4a3d42eebf6ec99ba.jpg
3d597033a3f266ad32f1d7b37610c7d9.jpg
0ae61d613a322cd15a288808f4f56811.jpg

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
Certainly not as pretty as some of the current offerings.....but my Alaskan Guide Creations Classic with the Max bottom zipper pouch has done everything that I have needed, and been very durable and comfortable.
It is not a "lite weight" option, but the durability and storage for me allow me to do a final stalk on an elk, or free myself up whitetail bow season to not need a pack as I use my climber.

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
Here are some pics. I took some with them spread all the way out. As well as set to my eye width.

Keep in mind I have all 3 padded inserts at the bottom. So maybe you would be good with the large size.
a9f38366df0c3a0d8c615c774ea26523.jpg
7ade2a76605695b4a3d42eebf6ec99ba.jpg
3d597033a3f266ad32f1d7b37610c7d9.jpg
0ae61d613a322cd15a288808f4f56811.jpg
Thanks for all that. I think I’m going to order a large and cross my fingers. I prefer to have it a little tight over loose. Hunt steep backcountry stuff and don’t like things moving around. Worst case I can use it for some smaller ones. I’m just a case short as I picked up a new set.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Thanks for all that. I think I’m going to order a large and cross my fingers. I prefer to have it a little tight over loose. Hunt steep backcountry stuff and don’t like things moving around. Worst case I can use it for some smaller ones. I’m just a case short as I picked up a new set.

Update with pics once you get it. I’m curious to see how they fit. I’ve wondered if I got too big, but have no experience with bino harnesses at all. I just went with what they recommended on their site.

Mine do not move all. I ran, jumped up and down, bent over numerous times to tie shoes and pull arrows out of the target. The never moved in mine.

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
Update with pics once you get it. I’m curious to see how they fit. I’ve wondered if I got too big, but have no experience with bino harnesses at all. I just went with what they recommended on their site.

Mine do not move all. I ran, jumped up and down, bent over numerous times to tie shoes and pull arrows out of the target. The never moved in mine.
Sounds good. I will let you know. I like the idea/layout of the kuiu. We shall see. I have a bunch of FHF ones, agc and a couple cheaper ones. I really wish the marsupial ones weren’t covered in magnets

Brendan

Reaction score
Will update my responses from earlier. Still love the Marsupial, still hate the magnets. But, they just released a magnet-free version that they designed with input from Kifaru. I'll probably try that this off-season.

They also have some pretty cool accessories - Bow Hanger, Holster, or additional storage on the bottom of the Bino pouch, RF Pouch, Storage pouches, etc.

Not related to bino harnesses whatsoever, but they even have a cool upland vest system and nice spotting scope covers

OSU Fisher

Reaction score
Will update my responses from earlier. Still love the Marsupial, still hate the magnets. But, they just released a magnet-free version that they designed with input from Kifaru. I'll probably try that this off-season.

They also have some pretty cool accessories - Bow Hanger, Holster, or additional storage on the bottom of the Bino pouch, RF Pouch, Storage pouches, etc.

Not related to bino harnesses whatsoever, but they even have a cool upland vest system and nice spotting scope covers

I wish you woulda posted this 2 days ago before I ordered my kuiu… I don’t know how I haven’t heard about this. I’ve always wanted a marsupial but the magnets were a deal breaker. They don’t have the size I need though… may have to pick one up when they come out

after doing some research and looking I’m glad I went kuiu on this one. Seems like many people don’t like the draw string that keeps lid closed/tight. For some reason marsupial ran it external and I can see how it’s a pain.

Last edited:

OSU Fisher

Reaction score

Got my kuiu pro harness today. I went with large hoping the maven b2 9x45 would fit but if they didn’t I would put my swaro NL pure 12x42 in them. I’m glad I went large. Next year I plan on picking up another set of Swarovski NL’s anyway as the wife stole my NL’s. She hunts hard and supports all my expensive extreme hobbies so can’t say no. Happy wife happy life…. Anyways, I had these mavens in a fhf medium which technically they suggest a large for them on their site. The fit is super similar but actually better as the kuiu is more rigid which makes it easier. With objective covers it is tight in and out. Without objective covers it’s super easy. With ocular covers it’s snug lid wise and without easy. I could go either way on all of this. Basically super easy 1 hand vs probably 2 hand. The cover fits with all lens covers on and obviously easier without. 0 spacers either way which is what I wanted. Tiny bit of side to side play without the objective covers and none with the covers on. Here’s some pics with it in the harness. The large smaller one is perfect for what I’m after. The pics are saying to large… I just got a new iPhone, my 1st iPhone. Need to figure out how to resize them and will post later

Forum Sponsors